Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Woohoo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoo!

Looks good! Reconfiguring apartment space is much harder than a house, IMO.

Awesome-

It is hard to decorate a small apartment because there is no "Away" to put stuff away. You have to create it!

Nicely done.

Jenn

Comment

Seeing the maps on the walls in your before picture really brought back memories. We did that when we moved to Nashville 8 years ago. We haven't done that in Cleveland...maybe that's why I can't find anything. :huh:

It looks really nice! You did a good job. It looks much more roomy. When can you come here and do the same thing?

Comment

I agree with everyone else - apartments are so hard. Looks great!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild
          Hey, thanks for all the positive feedback. I posted this and then totally got swept away with work.

I love my maps! Someday when I have more than two rooms, they will be back up somewhere! Or maybe a garage. They'd be great in a garage...

Ah yes, still in an apartment. *sighs*
          I am a map junkie, too. If I can ever figure out how to upload pictures, I'll show you what I've done with some maps in our place. We've got these super-high ceilings, and I had the maps framed and placed them on top of the living room windows, to "fill up" the space between the window tops and the way-tall ceilings.

Comment

My kid's room is filled with maps. We have a map of the USA where we mark off every place they've been with a pin, a cartoon-ish map of Kansas City with points of interest and "Our Hometown" on top, and a huge map of the world from Scholastic or something like that. I got it for $1 at a tag sale, and I've seen it in catalogs for $20.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
              I got it for $1 at a tag sale, and I've seen it in catalogs for $20.
              That's awesome. I had a sort of similiar map find. I got this really great National Geographic street map of Manhattan from Half-Price Books for 25 cents, maybe twenty years ago. It's hung in every room I've occupied since then, from my teen bedroom to my dorm room to my office today. It's changed frames a few times, but I always get compliments.

One of my better expenditures of a quarter!

Comment

Working...
              X