Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fricking fracking refrigerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fricking fracking refrigerator

Our refrigerator/freezer (which is less than 4 years old) is not cooling properly. The interior temp is too warm, food/drinks in the refrigerator is relatively warm (stick of butter is soft) and stuff in the freezer is starting to defrost and ice cream is melted.

I tried vacuuming out the coils behind and underneath the fridge, that hasn't worked. I think it's still under limited warranty, I have to call the manufacturer when they open today.

I'm *SO* annoyed. We bought THIS refrigerator because we had to get rid of the PREVIOUS one because of the same problem! I have a lot of meat in the freezer and some frozen dinners, I really don't want to have to throw out and replace everything.

Ugh.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

So sorry. That really sucks. Is there a brand name in this story we should avoid?
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

We had a visit from a repairman this morning, that was the only good thing to come of this - the fact that he came only 2 hours after I called customer service.

Bad news item #1: Part is not covered under warranty. Lovely. Parts and labor = $230.

Bad news item #2: Part has to be ordered and won't be available until ... next Wednesday. Awesome.

He said things in the freezer should be ok until then, but we pretty much can't use the fridge until the fan gets fixed. Fortunately we have a tiny fridge in the basement that DH keeps beer in, I moved all of the beer out of it and put as much of the stuff from the kitchen fridge into there. I crammed as much meat as I could into the tiny freezer compartment, hopefully it will stay good.

For anyone who's interested, the refrigerator is an Amana/Maytag brand; we haven't had any problems with it until now.

~Jane

Comment

I feel your pain.

Is your fridge a side by side by chance?

Jenn

Comment

Nope, freezer compartment's on the top.
          ~Jane

Comment

Oh man. Keeping my fingers crossed that the part will somehow come in early.

Comment

Because I hate mine and constantly have problems with it. Just trying to find ammunition to get a new one.

Jenn

Comment

Fridge problems. yuck!

We just got a new fridge because of all of the isues we had with our floor....I love that we had an excuse to upgrade. Maybe this is your chance?

kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                X