Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Are we out of line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we out of line?

We closed on our new home on 10/15 and moved in on 10/17. We can't close on our old house until 11/2 and have already moved it back twice because of the seller's mortgage. We feel we have been patient and understanding of the buyers and given them many concessions. They keep calling our realtor and asking for a walk-through of our home before the closing. Once for last weekend, once this week and now for this weekend. Our problem is this. Hey, we still own the home. We still have stuff in it, it is filthy-dirty and we have some repairs to do. We don't want them to walk through and find new stuff they don't like. They are closing next Friday, what is the big deal to wait a couple more days?
    Needs

Re: Are we out of line?

I don't think you're out of line - why do they want to see it so much?

If they have family in town and they want to show it I'd be a little more understanding but if they want to see it that bad they should just close already.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
      I don't think you're out of line - why do they want to see it so much?

If they have family in town and they want to show it I'd be a little more understanding but if they want to see it that bad they should just close already.

I agree. They should have taken pictures in the past when it was okay for them to be there!!! I think it's strange for them to demand this.
      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I'm sorry, the little hairs on the back of my neck are standing up because that's EXACTLY what the asshat who DIDN'T buy the DC house did. She was trying to find a problem w/ the house so that she wouldn't have to follow through on her end of the deal.

Ultimately she lost 15k (who puts that much down on a house?) and I lost years of mental health. You're not obligated to let them in. Period.

Jenn

Comment

One of my neighbors just lost the contract on her home bc she said they needed to wait til the day before closing to do a walk-through. The buyer said the seller wouldnt allow them access to inspect the property and cancelled the contract. If your realtor thinks this might happen, then I say let them see it. Either way it is weird, but maybe they just want to figure out where they are going to put furniture. :huh:
          Mom to three wild women.

Comment

We agreed to let them in, but not until we have time to get the stuff done which is next week. DH is working 48 hours from Sunday to Tuesday (24 in house, 24 home) so they have to wait. We don't want to be jerks, but we are tired of accommodating these people. It is hard to get anything done with DH on service and three kids in tow. They said this is their "dream house" and sent us a gift card thanking us for handling their "mortgage stipulations" so I think they are just anxious to get in there.

Still annoying though. We have gotten all these envelopes in the mail at our address for their furniture deliveries.
            Needs

Comment

Err...I'm late to chime in, but this scenario happened to us and I had to say no because the house was a pit. (Evoking awful memories of moving into a one bedroom apartment three weeks after the offer). buyer wanted to come in to measure and try paint samples. I was like, um, if you see the place now, the deal would be off because there was crap everywhere. The deal managed to go through in spite of this. We blamed Sean's "busy schedule" for our inability to accomodate the request.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by house elf
                buyer wanted to come in to measure and try paint samples.
                Kelly
                I would never think of inconveniencing the owners just so I could compare paint samples before closing. How about waiting till the house actually belonged to THEM?? :huh:

Jenn, sorry that you're having to deal with the overzealous buyers. Keeping my fingers crossed the the closing goes off without a hitch.

Comment

Simply ask them why?
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Whoa, Jenn...that is just plain rude! Are you concerned that they are having second thoughts before the closing or do you think they're just being completely thoughtless?

Congrats on moving into the new house already!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't realize that you had a mid-October move-in date!

Kris
                    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I think they are just excited and may have had out-of-towners. I went over there on Saturday afternoon to get some stuff and when I drove up the people were parked inthe driveway walking around the outside. I had to pull in my neighbor's driveway to wait until they left. I wasn't about to head over there so they could ask to go in the house. Plus I had the kids with me. It would be pretty confusing for them. They get the house in a week. I wish they would just chill out so we can finish our stuff. DH has been working a ton and hasn't had a chance to repair a couple things.
                      Needs

Comment

Working...
                      X