Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Felt Holiday Chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felt Holiday Chain

Ok, so I was going to make yet another paper chain w/DS, but thought it sure is a shame after all the work you can't use it next year (if you smash it in a box w/a million other Christmas decorations, like I would...) - so ... I thought of felt. It turned out SOOOO cute. I cute art felt (found at Michaels) in one inch strips, then used sherbert colors (we are putting it in the playroom where the fireplace is and the wall is a light tealish color) and stapled them together. You can turn the links so you don't see the staples. Easy, and in one hour I had a chain of 6 or so feet. I used 5 colors, cutting up one sheet of felt (8"x11" norm), cut each one inch strip in half, then stapled, it cost = $1.00 + staples I already had. Hello I am a crafty, thrifty mama Happy Holidays!!!

Posting in case someone else wants to do one! I'll post mantel pics when I get the other decorations out

Re: Felt Holiday Chain

That is a great idea Julie! I think I'll do that w/the kids this afternoon - we're having yucky, cold rain. I think I might use velcro dots instead of staples, & do 25 links so it's an advent calendar of sorts. Jacob brought home a paper chain last year with which to count down to Christmas, but it was destroyed in no time.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
      That is a great idea Julie! I think I'll do that w/the kids this afternoon - we're having yucky, cold rain. I think I might use velcro dots instead of staples, & do 25 links so it's an advent calendar of sorts. Jacob brought home a paper chain last year with which to count down to Christmas, but it was destroyed in no time.

Thanks!
      Oh velcro dots is a great idea too! I would do that too, but the thing is sooo long... but I might on shorter strands!

Comment

What a good idea!

We'll be making ours next week.
        Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Great idea! I'll have to try that with DS!

Comment

They suggest doing this as an activity during deployment- sometimes people do one where you take a ring off the chain every day but since the military is so unpredictable about when the actual return happens they suggest you add one per day and use it for a decoration for the welcome home party.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
              They suggest doing this as an activity during deployment- sometimes people do one where you take a ring off the chain every day but since the military is so unpredictable about when the actual return happens they suggest you add one per day and use it for a decoration for the welcome home party.

Jenn

Can we do that for residency?

Comment

are ya gonna decorate the Empire State Building with that chaiin??

Comment

That is so cute! Great idea, Julie.

Comment

Working...
                  X