Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Little Christmas elves visited my house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Christmas elves visited my house

Annie-

I say use it to make something super cool.

I'd get candles (low ones so you don't catch the shelves above them on fire) and stack them in the shape of a tree and nestle greens and ornaments among them. Do 6 candles on the bottom, 4 candles on the next shelf, 2 on the next, one on the top.

or something similar to that.

Jenn

Re: Little Christmas elves visited my house

I really like Jenn's idea. I don't think I could come up with anything better than that.

BTW your house is beautiful.

Comment

I'd do the tree idea with candles too but maybe mix in some green backed or dark books to "fill in" the space?
      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

looks good sofar!
        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Looks great! I saw on HGTV where they used clear bottles to put in holiday pictures inside of. That could look fun for people to see. Also you can fill jars up with colorful small ornaments, or candy. Also you could fill them with spices such as whole cloves and cinnamon sticks, or small pine cones to go with the organic feel. I'm cleaning/decorating now myself!

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
            Annie-

I say use it to make something super cool.

I'd get candles (low ones so you don't catch the shelves above them on fire) and stack them in the shape of a tree and nestle greens and ornaments among them. Do 6 candles on the bottom, 4 candles on the next shelf, 2 on the next, one on the top.

or something similar to that.

Jenn
            What an awesome idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Beautiful, Annie!

I love cedar! It smells so good... and it reminds me of the Northwest.
              (Speaking of which, it snowed in Seattle today - you know what that means! )
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I like Jenn's idea. If you don't want to use candles you could try glass bowls full of green or red christmas tree decorations (the ones shaped like balls) and use the same idea of number of bowls to make the same tree shape.
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Annie - your house looks wonderful!

Comment

Your house looks beautiful! I love the icicle display.

Comment

COOL- I like it.

Glad I helped a bit. I LOVE the ornaments.

Jenn

(PS- the rest of the house looks AWESOME. I'm semi-jealous because I miss decorating for the holidays. but only semi- because I don't have to take it all down later!)

Comment

Your house looks great - I like the shelves too!

How many Christmas decorations do I have up? None. :huh:
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
                          How many Christmas decorations do I have up? None. :huh:
                          We just put up our tree over the weekend, and from the rate I'm going it might just be the extent of our holiday decorating this year. Part of it is that I just don't feel like I have the time this year (trying to purge and organize and get ready for baby), and part of it is the feeling of dread knowing that our very busy toddler will probably destroy everything I put up. He's already gone after a few of the tree ornaments...

Anyway, Annie, your house looks beautiful!! I love how the shelf idea turned out, post pictures when it's done!
                          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Your house looks beautiful. I love it.
                            Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Originally posted by JaneDoe
                              Your house looks beautiful. I love it.

DITTO!!!!

Great job!
                              Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                              X