Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Most pathetic post of 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most pathetic post of 2007

OK, this may well be the most pathetic post of the year, but for me it was an epiphany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My house is very old, approx 80 years old. The toilets have been replaced, but they are still very old. They have stains that won't scrub away no matter what I do. I was at Home Depot and bought a "Heavy-Duty Pumie Scouring Stick". It is basically 100% pumice stone. I used it and the toilets look brand new. OK, I'm slinking back into my abyss with clean toilets.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Re: Most pathetic post of 2007

That is not pathetic, and I am wondering if they will work on nasty drip pans. The drip pans on my stove are so bad. I've considered ordering replacements, but they are very expensive. I have a gas stove. I wonder what other marvels of cleaning engineering people on this board can come up with.

I have tried magic erasers, steel wool, cleansers, easy off. Any other thoughts?

Congrats on having clean toilets!!
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Well let me just "read" you the package insert.

Unexcelled for removing:

unsightly toilet bowl rings
      stubborn stains in tubs, sinks and showers
      rock-har deposits around faucets and drains
      scale and rust on metal work and piping
      Lime and algae deposits in swimming pools
      Rust and grime on workshop and garden tools
      Unwanted paint on tile, masonry and concrete surfaces
      Baked on food, grease and carbon buildups in ovens, on barbecues, grills, and cookware.

For $2.00 it is worth a try. I have used it now for several things and I'm a happy camper. Pathetic yes, but very happy.
      Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Pathetic huh? Well, I am in that camp too. We do not have an old house but we do have well water that (even with a softener) has left stains on our toilets. So, today I finished scrubbing the bathroom and have not much to show for it. So pumice stone may be my answer!!!
        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Sick as it sounds, I wish I had taken pictures. I just finished bathroom number 3 and it is SPARKLING!!!! Oh dear God I must be losing it.
          Luanne

Comment

Very cool! I'll keep this in mind!
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Not at all pathetic. This is very helpful info Luanne! This old farmhouse has NASTY toilet stains that I haven't been able to scrub away. I figured they were just permanent. I will be off to Home Depot to get this and give it a try. I would call this a very helpful end of the year tip.

Scrubbing bubbles works like magic for the tub, but the two times I have used the stuff I got chemical burns from secondary contact (as in my arm touched the side of the tub after being wiped down).

Comment

DH thinks I've lost it. He "never noticed" the stains.

I was afraid it would scratch the porcelain, but nope they still sparkle this morning!!
                Luanne

Comment

That is exciting! We too have toilet issues. We have to replace the toilets at some point, but in the meantime, I'm going to give pumice a try. I love clean bathrooms.
                  Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Comment

It's going on my HD shopping list!
                    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I was actually planning on scrubbing all 3 toilets today, so I'm now off to hd. I'm so excited I might actually remove some stains! I sound so lame.
                      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Luanne~ You Rock! I couldn't find the exact same item at HD, but they did show me a pool pumice stone which was about $5. It worked like magic!!! I had just assumed my toilets would always be stained! Thanks for the tip!
                        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Now really, this is my New Year's resolution. I'm getting these and getting the stains out!

Comment

Just call me the toilet queen!!!!!! My daughter actually noticed and asked if I had new toilets
                            Luanne

Comment

Working...
                            X