Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I finally did it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally did it!

At long last...after 19 months of living with no furniture in my living room...I bought a set!! Woohoo! What a high! When we moved for residency, we bought our first home (came from an apt). Well we've been SLOWLY buying furniture and accessories to fill the house, but unfortunately other "boring" household repairs keep getting in the way (as in new roof $$$). Also, since this house has a living room and a family room...it seemed that a second couch/loveseat set was not a first priority. I knew exactly what I wanted...a comfortable and casual yet attractive leather set. I've priced out and examined every leather furniture store in the area (or so it seems) and I finally did it! I bought a couch, loveseat, chair and ottoman in a chocolate leather. It's great-super comfy and soft, you just sink into it. I also got a cocktail table and an end table. Now I just need to get a table lamp and a floor lamp and an area rug and we're in business!

Unfortunately my furniture purchase didn't stop there... I got a Queen sized bed for DH and I (we've been living with my full-sized forever). I splurged and got a memory foam pillow top...heaven!!!

I should be getting the furniture delivered tomorrow! Merry Christmas to US!

Good think I have a second job because my credit card is smoking!!!!

Oh, and just like a man, when I told DH that enough was enough and we needed a living room set because
    1. having a totally empty room in the front of the house annoys me
    2. I refuse to spend another Christmas with the tree in a room by itself

he replied "Why do we need furniture in there? We never go in that room?"

Hmmm....ever think we don't go in the room because why would you go in an empy room with no furniture and no place to sit???
    Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Re: I finally did it!

Ok - I feel better now. We have been in our house for 6 months and I have not bought family room furniture. Right now it consists of multiple dog beds.

I, too, would like leather but finding something that I looove for the price of leather has me living with a room without furniture. However, I am getting my new fridge delivered today - yes, after 6 months DH and I finally decided on "the one" - I guess you could say we have commitment issues.

But hey - 19 months is making me feel much, much better.

Congratulations!!! :wee: Post pics!
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Congrats! Enjoy!

We just moved up to a queen after 10+ years in a full-size bed. Ahhh...luxury.

Comment

congrats on the upgrade!
        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Working...
        X