Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Roomba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roomba

I asked for a Roomba for mother's day. :huh: I still lurve my Dyson (and will use it as much as ever). What I don't lurve is Lucy's shedding, and the fact that I have nowhere to store said Dyson on the first floor of my house. As I get more and more pregnant, lugging the Dyson up/down the stairs is going to become more and more of an issue. So I've decided that if the Roomba can do a decent job picking up after Lucy, then it's worth it.

So Roger (the roomba) is on his maiden voyage now across my oddly shaped 1st floor. Fingers crossed that it does the job.

Re: Roomba

So far so good. I went out while the roomba was running, and was really pleased with the result. My only issue is that it appears that I need to lift the chairs (like turn them up on the table, restaurant style) so that it will get under the table really well. It's not a big deal -- but I'm wondering if anyone else had this issue.

Comment

I don't really move that much furniture. Roomba just needs to go around and figure its way. He does a better job then my regular vacuum.

Comment

Congrats on your new Roomba!

Roomba has a hard time getting under the chairs in our kitchen, too. It's such a tight squeeze (maybe 1" clearance) that sometimes it makes it and sometimes it just keeps bumping into the legs and going around in circles....so I usually end up just putting them on the table.

It does do a great job of keeping on top of the pet hair. There is no way I could otherwise keep up with daily vacuuming.

Comment

Enjoy!
          How are you supposed to put your feet up when you have to put the chairs on the table?

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
            Enjoy!
            How are you supposed to put your feet up when you have to put the chairs on the table?
            I don't know. I just have to remember to do it before I head out this morning, 'cause Roger is going to run by himself at 10AM!!!

So exciting!

Comment

I'm returning Roger. Oh well. I think he'd really do best on all hardwood, or in a house w/o shedding pets.

Comment

Working...
              X