Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint

Ooooooh - I'm hopping mad. I'm painting the boys' new bedroom (we're moving them to the 2nd biggest bedroom, and putting the baby in their current room b/c it's closest to ours). I'd picked up a couple of Benjamin Moore samples, and then decided just to use the same blue we have on 1 wall in the basement. It's the darkest blue that Restoration Hardware offers, and the boys want a space-themed room. When we painted the basement 1.5 years ago we were painting over dark brown walls, and I did not prime. I'm not a primer. I think it's a waste of a money and effort. If I need an extra coat of the color I'm using, that's great - but I'm not wasting my time to paint something white only to paint it the color I want. Anyway - the RH paint worked great, so well we ended up also using it in dh's office about a month later.

I went to RH yesterday and bought the paint ($34/gallon), and started painting today. It's like WATER. It's awful. I mixed and mixed and mixed, and it's awful. I can totally see the paint I'm covering after going over the area I'm cutting in several times. I called RH and asked if they'd changed distributors and - why yes - about a year ago they did. But their paint is QUALITY and I really should come in and buy their primer, too, b/c if I want to do it right I should prime. NO FREAKING WAY am I giving them more $$ to compensate for them changing to a lower quality paint. I'm probably going to have to take a store credit b/c I'm pretty sure I threw out the receipt last night, thinking that I'd used this stuff before, knew the color and quality, and why would I need it.

I went to the store that carries Benjamin Moore and bought their paint. ($46/gallon, incl. tax)

Good paint is TOTALLY worth paying for.

Re: Paint

I've been buying the Benjamin Aura paint and it is AMAZING. Absolutely no odor and fantastic coverage. The store here has had it discounted to around $46 a gallon.

That stinks about the RH paint. I'd be super annoyed. I think if you are covering a bright or deep color or painting a red or yellow it is worth to have primer. Otherwise I do ok without it.

Comment

I even painted my kitchen (the "rust") w/o a primer! It was Benjamin Moore.

I actually took a picture of the RH paint rolled on - one coat, and the BM paint rolled on - one coat right under it. I'm so ticked about the woman's attitude when I called (she said "perhaps if that's how you feel, you should use other paint" - DUH) that I'm going to write an email to RH about it.

Comment

Ugh. Totally unnecessary comment. It sucks if you meet resistance from people who are supposed to ASSIST you!
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

and I'd send copies to BM- maybe they'll comp you some paint!

Jenn

PS- I only use Behr or BM paints- I've been happy with them both.

Comment

Working...
          X