Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ikea online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ikea online

No flippin' way ... I just tried to order a dresser for the boys room at http://www.ikea.com ..... it would cost me more to ship it than the dresser itself. $298 to ship it. Uh .... no thanks.

Re: Ikea online

That's absurd! I guess they don't like shipping their products...does Amazon sell a similar version?
    Danielle
    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

It probably depends on where you are. In Portland, before they built the store there, they had a once-a-week run from the Seattle store, and it was a flat $100 to deliver up to x number of items (x was a very large number, but I don't remember what it was) - we got a whole bunch of bookshelves and shelves for the garage and a couple of tables all delivered at once. Wouldn't have been worth it for one item, but for that many, it totally was.
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I tried to order a TV stand a couple of years ago from ikea.com, and same thing ... the shipping cost more than the item itself. I ended up getting my brother to pick it up for us from the store near him.
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Ouch. I could probably pick it and ship it via UPS for less than that! Except that I think I vowed to not set foot in Ikea for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
            Ouch. I could probably pick it and ship it via UPS for less than that! Except that I think I vowed to not set foot in Ikea for a while.
            Believe me - I've thought of that as I plan my last travel before baby comes. No worries though - I have family near Chicago Ikea and LA Ikea ... I'd make them do that before putting you through it. I may have found one on craigslist that will work.

Comment

Jenn, I'm coming to KC the last weekend in July. If you don't need it before then I can run up to the Minneapolis IKEA and we can bring it home with us if it fits in my SUV, do you have the dimensions of the box?
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
                Jenn, I'm coming to KC the last weekend in July. If you don't need it before then I can run up to the Minneapolis IKEA and we can bring it home with us if it fits in my SUV, do you have the dimensions of the box?
                That is SO nice of you to offer Cheri! If this dresser I found on craigslist doesn't work out, I *might* take you up on it. I really do need the dresser ASAP .... so that I can continue transitioning the boys into their new room and start working on the nursery. But ... if I can't get the replacement part for SueC's crib, I might take you up on the same offer but have you pick up a crib instead. Thank you, thank you. Even if we don't do that, I'd love to meet Adele.

Comment

We had a similar thing happen when I was looking for an extra set of bunk beds. It was going to cost $300 to ship them to me. At that price I could have bought nicer bunk beds through Pottery Barn kids.

I ended up not doing it because we found a set with 2 mattresses, better quality, for less, at a garage sale.

Good luck.
                  Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Yay! The craigslist dresser is a success. I think I got a great deal for $200. It came with a HUGE mirror that we have no use for, so I'm going to list that and see if we can recoup some $$.

Thanks again Cheri for your offer - but I think we're set.

Comment

That is awesome. Gotta love Craigslist.
                      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                      X