Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Window Blinds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Window Blinds?

Thanks! It is Reed that we put on a sign during a day trip recently. It is currently my favorite picture. Reed needs "controlling."
    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

OMG! I cannot believe that is your *actual* child hanging on an *actual* sign ... I honestly thought it was photoshopped! That's hysterical!!!
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I saw that picture in your blog - HILARIOUS!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiens
          Just a little update....

The blinds are all in! We have had a couple of minor snags- 1) removeable fabric band (sits at the top of the blind) was mismatched on 2 shades in the laundry room: Hunter Douglas sending out a replacement, even though the blinds have been in for 2 months now, and I just noticed it. 2) 2 blinds were a smidge too big for windows at the top of the stairs, and there was a tear in the fabric on the handle- Hunter Douglas is sending out a newly cut and made shade for the ripped one, and cutting down the other shade- no charge. 3) We had a blind arrived inoperable, one of the Architella Lite Rise, Hunter Douglas replaced it no questions asked. They look awesome, and will hopefully get some pictures soon.

That's one of the HUGE advantages of going with HD. They take care of their customers remarkably well. I used to manage a wallpaper and window covering department and never once had a problem with them, ever.

Comment

We just had a costco quote - it was pretty astronomical - like $2250 for one room. So I'm looking at justblinds.com, and getting a comparison, which seems to be so far about 20% of the costco price.
            I've ordered cellular before online, has anybody done fancier stuff? There's something called "shangri-la" which seems to be a HD sillhouette knockoff, at a fraction of the cost.
            Enabler of DW and 5 kids
            Let's go Mets!

Comment

Fluff, I just placed my order with justblinds.com last weekend and they're shipping tomorrow. I used them for our first house - LOVE them. They're extremely cheap and great quality. (I buy the 2" wood blinds) No experience with their cellular shades or the other thing you mentioned, but I've been very, very happy with them.

So you've gone the whole summer without window coverings too?

Comment

We haven't moved in yet - proactive blind shopping. Thanks for the feedback on justblinds.com - we ordered our samples, and we'll see.
                Last edited by fluffhead; 08-19-2009, 04:21 PM. Reason: god I need more sleep
                Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                Let's go Mets!

Comment

In this house, we did about 1/2 with cordless cellular shades by Bali. If I had to do it over again, I would do the entire house cordless. With two little ones, and a third on the way, I feel like it's the only choice for us. Plus, then there are many options for valences, curtains, etc in rooms that need more. In the next house, we will have treatments already, but I think I will replace what's existing, room by room, with something cordless.
                  -Deb
                  Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead View Post
                    We just had a costco quote - it was pretty astronomical - like $2250 for one room. So I'm looking at justblinds.com, and getting a comparison, which seems to be so far about 20% of the costco price.
                    I've ordered cellular before online, has anybody done fancier stuff? There's something called "shangri-la" which seems to be a HD sillhouette knockoff, at a fraction of the cost.
                    That stinks that the quote was so high. That quote is what we paid for one floor of about 12 windows. Good luck in your search. We've been really happy so far.
                    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Just placed the order with justblinds.com - came out to about half of what costco wanted.
                      I hope the installation is simple.
                      Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                      Let's go Mets!

Comment

Just placed the order with justblinds.com - came out to about half of what costco wanted.
                        Mine came Friday afternoon, I'm going to attempt installation tonight. I'll let you know!

Which did you order?

Comment

We ordered Shangri-La 3" in Snow color for the living room, double cell blackout with no drawstring from the master br in sea mist color, and 2.5" faux wood horiz blinds for the kitchen and den, in white (I wanted wood color but was overruled)
                          We're gonna put cheapo blackout shades in the rest of the house till we figure it all out.
                          Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                          Let's go Mets!

Comment

I haven't heard of this site before. I'm going to have to check it out!

Comment

Fluff, did you get them yet? They did a great job on mine. Very easy to install and any problems created were of my own stupidity. (and there were a few!!! lol)

Comment

So far only the living room (Shangri La blinds) have arrived - I think they were drop shipped from someplace. I installed them (5 shades), and they look good. One of the strings interferes with the fabric, and I put in a few of those shims to straighten it out, but I think it might need some more adjustment. The others are fine.
                                Waiting on 3 more rooms - the blackout double cell, and the faux wood.
                                Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                                Let's go Mets!

Comment

Working...
                                X