Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Nursery decorating part two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nursery decorating part two

I can't tell you what to use where but I love the Garden Maze brown, dot option #1, and tree tangerine the best.

I LOVE little girl rooms that use peachy orange. So so cute!!!!

The choices are all beautiful but that's my two cents.

Have a good time decorating! It's one of the only fun parts of being pregnant IMO!!!!!

...and of course you HAVE to post pics when you're done!!!!!
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Re: Nursery decorating part two

I'm no help either but I love them all - have SO much fun!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I don't think that's too much brown as long as you use the one that they have as the main fabric in the bag as more of an accent in the room.

In our next house Adele is getting a girly girl room!

Comment

I am no help. As I scrolled down, I liked each one better. I loved the second set of dots. You can't go wrong with any one of those.
        Needs

Comment

It's addictive, isn't it?? I'll look at them more closely later when I've got more time.

Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
            OK, so I know I'm just thinking out loud here, but Lucy isn't much help.

Here's a bag I found on ebay that uses a combination of her patterns from the lotus collection. It has some of the pink and brown colors that I like.

which is these three fabrics:

Too much brown for a girl nursery?

Too much brown for a girl nursery?... not at all. Heck I wouldn't limit the more predominantly brown to just an accent.

Comment

I really like the Garden Maze pattern w/dot option #1. I wasn't brave enough to go for 3 patterns ... it took all I had to mix/match 2 patterns. I've really loved the martini pattern, but couldn't move past the idea of using martini olives to decorate my daughter's room (for me). I think it would be adorable though!

We did the flat pleat crib skirt, too, and I love it. I've taken pictures but haven't downloaded them to my camera yet.

Comment

Fun! I love Midwest Modern, too. I'll need to take another look at your choices when I have more time, but they're all great.

If you need someone to make the bedding, I can recommend a fabulous Etsy seller. She made DD's bedding....the crib skirt is flat pleated with a contrasting fabric in the pleat. Her work is beautiful and very reasonable for custom (although I think she recently raised her prices).

Comment

I agree with Cheri. I also love the tangerine tree and the tree print right below it. And the martini prints. And all of them!

Comment

I'm no help as I always go the safe route and get stripes. I look forward to seeing pics!

So you're having a girl? Congratulations!!!! :rah:

Makai - does the Etsy seller do adult duvets and bedskirts? I have fabric that I bought 3 years ago that I have yet to have made into a duvet. I haven't had much luck finding someone locally, but then I haven't looked too hard either.

Comment

Annie, what color are the nursery walls or will you be painting them? What color is the crib? And flooring? All of the fabrics from the MM line work well together so you can't go wrong.

Bonbon....she might so I'll send you a link to her shop. If not, I know you'll be able to find someone on Etsy Alchemy if you post a request.

Comment

I like the tree tangerine with the martini linen. I also like the set of three that you posted.

I agree with the others that I'm not brave enough to try to do three patterns as the main decorations in one room. Smaller accents, though, I could do (a pillow here and a bumper there). I usually need a solid color somewhere - pulling out one of the common pattern colors to make at least one solid painted wall (or a half-wall all around - I love splitting walls horizontally with a chair rail/trim).

I love all the patterns! And I think brown is pretty - great for a girl's room.

Comment

That is a very cool chair - but can you go sit in it before you buy it? It doesn't look like it might be comfortable nursing??

Comment

Working...
                          X