Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

iMSN house and garden tour 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iMSN house and garden tour 2008

Anyone interested?

I know many of us do work on our houses - and I've always found the medical family to be particularly creative. That's probably due to so many years without cash on hand. Obviously, some of us *ahem* are out of training and now have more resources. I'm not sure if that would irritate people that don't - or if it would provide inspiration.

Since we didn't throw a ton of money at our home space, I don't think we'd impress anyone very much but DH and I are DIY junkies. I was thinking it could be fun to have a photo home and garden "tour" of the things we've done to our houses and gardens. I always enjoy looking at the threads when someone has finished a project. We've been working on our garden and landscape all summer. It is a work in progress - but I like what we've done. This winter we hope to work on our master bedroom project. True to form, we gutted the space when we moved in over three years ago....and left it gutted and unoccupied since. Apparently, we'd rather have a hollow construction site than lime green carpet and 60s wallpaper.

If we can get a few people on board, I think this could be fun. Thoughts?
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Re: iMSN house and garden tour 2008

Sounds fun! I don't think I posted the finished basement photos. We did have someone put in the carpet but DH did most of the rest of the work himself. DH is about to start of a playhouse for the kids, recycling some of the materials from the kitchen and our contractor's last deck job. We are mid-kitchen remodel and not doing that ourselves. I might feel a little self-conscious about posting those because this is more of the "wahoo! this is the last kitchen remodel for a while!" type of job.

I'll put up the basement photos. I also need some tile advice. I've grown weary of some responses from gardenweb so I'll ask you all.

Fun idea, Angie! I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild
      Originally posted by Sheherezade
      Anyone interested?

I know many of us do work on our houses - and I've always found the medical family to be particularly creative. That's probably due to so many years without cash on hand. Obviously, some of us *ahem* are out of training and now have more resources. I'm not sure if that would irritate people that don't - or if it would provide inspiration.
      As one of the ones *ahem* with fewer resources, I would love to ogle at other people's pictures. I think this sounds like lots of fun. Thumbs up.
      Ditto on the resources! I don't have a garden either!
      Cool thread!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Fun! I would love seeing other people's spaces....there are a lot of creative folks here.

I don't think I'll ever be able to post pics of my house since it always looks like a hurricane just came through. I guess Hurricane Andrew does make his way through it every day!

Comment

My house is currently clean. I think this happens once a year. It is no coincidence that I thought of this today. I better take some pictures quickly!
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Don't forget the drapes.

Comment

As soon as we figure out what pictures we want to hang in the office, I'll post the pictures.

I've moved on to the hallway- trim is done and some of the cracks are spackled...it never ends!

Jenn

Comment

We had some work done recently. We aren't DIYs though. We took advantage of the flood in the basement. I am without a camera at the moment though.
                Needs

Comment

Working...
                X