Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Shower curtain liners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower curtain liners

I hate shower curtain liners. Does anyone have any tips on what you use and how you keep them clean?

We've tried vinyl, fabric, the vinyl anti-mildew ones ... they all end up mildewed (even after I clean/wash/wipe them) to the point where I just throw them away and get a new one.

Do I just need to resign myself to replacing them every few months?
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Re: Shower curtain liners

I buy mine at the dollar store and get a new one every couple of months (I know, not very environmentally friendly of me).
    -Deb
    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I have vinyl ones and have a Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner. I have had these shower liners for over a year!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

My tips: get one that doesn't have a seam at the bottom (that collects water and ends up mildewed), and *always* close the curtain (spread it out) after a shower; leaving it bunched up also accelerates the mildewage by trapping the water.
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

When I've had the kind that mildew, I just wash them in the washing machine on gentle and hang to dry.

J.

Comment

I buy the heavy duty vinyl ones that resist mildew and when it gets mildewed, I throw it in the washer with a towel adding a little bleach. Good as new and I can usually wash it at least a couple of times before it tears.
            Kris

Comment

I used to wash them in the washing machine too. We have doors now...and a cleaning lady....but before, I threw 'em in the machine...with bleach...and then just hung 'em back up to dry.
              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I have to try the washing machine trick, for now I just replace them every few months.

Comment

I've just been replacing them every few months and actually did so yesterday...I'll try the wash next time.
                  Danielle
                  Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I put it in the washer with two towels and clorox once a month. I have one of the heavy Hotel Fabric ones, no liner needed.
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

After we moved into together it took me a couple of months to get the MD BF to understand WHY I wanted him to close the curtain after he showered. I am going to try to wash the liner but I have to say they are so cheap at IKEA that it makes me just want to replace it....

Comment

Working...
                      X