Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ballpoint pen on a leather ottoman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballpoint pen on a leather ottoman

Help...how do you get it out?? Surely one of us has had luck w/this common problem (toddler w/ a pen near a piece of leather furniture while mom was busy instructing delivery guys )

Tess pulled a Picasso...DH is soooo ticked

Re: Ballpoint pen on a leather ottoman

I had no luck here with the Sharpie incident on our leather sofa. I wish you the best.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

The only thing that I have used to get out ball point pen is cheap hairspray or rubbing alcohol. I've use both on fabrics and it works well, but I would be leary of trying it on leather. Is there a spot where you can test it out to see if it damages the leather?
      Kris

Comment

I've also had success with getting ballpoint out with cheap hairspray. But that was with fabric. On leather, I'd spot-check in an inconspicuous place first.

Comment

from this, it looks like people have had luck with tea tree oil and various alcohol-based things (aftershave, cologne, purfume): http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf848619.tip.html
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Noooooo!! Not your lovely new furniture Suz!!!

:nothing:

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher
              I had no luck here with the Sharpie incident on our leather sofa. I wish you the best.
              I was going to say ask Heidi since her kiddo did this.

I have had luck with hairspray but like Kirsty said, am not sure about it on leather.

Stink. I hope it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lamorna
                Noooooo!! Not your lovely new furniture Suz!!!

:nothing:
                it's an older piece...but still uggh!

Thanks Sandy...I'll go check that site!

Comment

Thanks again Sandy...I used a can of (perfume impostor) Obsession spray and it worked! I think I should call Guinness Book of World Records, seeing as how I now own the worlds largest sachet!!

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles
                    Thanks again Sandy...I used a can of (perfume impostor) Obsession spray and it worked! I think I should call Guinness Book of World Records, seeing as how I now own the worlds largest sachet!!

Comment

Yay! Glad it worked for you!
                      Sandy
                      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Working...
                      X