Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Green dishwasher soap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green dishwasher soap

We've posted about this in other places -- that it is hard to find a greener dishwasher detergent that works. I've been using the Ecover brand and really like it. I think it works as well as the Electrasol tabs. A friend of mine says the Seventh Generation works for her but my experience with it is so-so. I can't remember off the top of my head what the price difference is on this one.

I have an efficient drying dishwasher and need the rinse aid for it to work properly. I use the Ecover for that as well and it seems to work. It isn't on Amazon subscribe and save but the rinse aid qualifies for free shipping.

Re: Green dishwasher soap

Thanks for this tip. I love Ecover products in general - isn't there somewhere we can buy this locally???

Comment

I'll keep an eye out. Our dishwasher is slowly dying so I think that's why it doesn't work well with the Green dw soaps.

J

Comment

Originally posted by birdie
        Thanks for this tip. I love Ecover products in general - isn't there somewhere we can buy this locally???
        Yes, New Seasons carries it.

Jenn, I think I used the Seventh Generation in our old (and dying) dishwasher so I can't make a totally fair comparison. The Ecover has enzymes in it which are supposed to really help with getting the dishes clean. Or so I hear? I have also used BioKleen, I thought that had the enzymes, and wasn't super impressed with it either (also old dishwasher).

Comment

excellent - we are finally running out of our old dishwashing tabs and I am looking for a green option. Does Whole Foods carry this stuff??

Comment

Depends on the Whole Foods. Mine both carry the Ecover line, but the exact products they stock varies.
            Alison

Comment

I've been using Seventh Generation & am happy with it. Of course, I'd been using this stuff that came with our water softener thing for the 3 years before that ... and once I finally used something else I was REALLY grossed out at the difference.

Comment

Seventh Generation has worked fine for us for the past 6 years.
                By the way, this is the first dishwasher we've had, and it's number one on my list of favorite nonessential appliances.
                Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                Let's go Mets!

Comment

I should give Seventh Generation another try in the new dishwasher. I'll try to remember to check and see how it compares to the Ecover. I agree, Fluff, the dishwasher is appreciated on a daily basis.

Comment

We use Melaleuca. Not sure on it's greenness, but I know it's safe for the family and the bottle is recyclable.
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Working...
                    X