Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Toe Nail Accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toe Nail Accident

I accidently kicked the coffee table. *wince* I lost half my pinky toe nail. There was a little blood and it stings a bit. Any suggestions on how to treat it (if at all)? It's just a little nub at this point, but I want it to grow back in as normally as possible. Argh!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Re: Toe Nail Accident

Keep it clean and watch it to make sure it doesn't get infected. Other than that, it should grow back just fine. Some of my toenails ar ef-ed up from my running days but there's nothing that can't be covered with a coat of polish. (even skin)

jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
      Keep it clean and watch it to make sure it doesn't get infected. Other than that, it should grow back just fine. Some of my toenails ar ef-ed up from my running days but there's nothing that can't be covered with a coat of polish. (even skin)

jenn
      Thanks for the giggle!
      I put a bandaid on it out of the sheer desire to DO SOMETHING! I trimmed back some of the really sharp edges.

I wanted to cover it up! Plus, I don't want the remaining sharp edges to hook onto my sock.

Comment

Ouch! I'm so sorry for you! I'm in the process of losing my pinky fingernail, so I'm trying to keep it covered with a band-aid most of the day. (The base has come loose, but not the top half, and I don't want it to catch on anything.) It should grow back okay, even if the whole nail comes off. Mine has a little ridge where it first started growing back, but the base looks fine, so I'm hoping it'll smooth out as it grows. If the skin is broken, a little bit of Neosporin + Pain Relief on the band-aid can help numb it a bit. I love that stuff!
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Don't have any suggestions but wishing a speedy recovery to your toe.

Comment

Dh keeps telling me that I'm going to get a broccoli nail and then laughs his head off.

Comment

Originally posted by alison
              Dh keeps telling me that I'm going to get a broccoli nail and then laughs his head off.
              :huh: what's that?

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles
                Originally posted by alison
                :huh: what's that?
                A nail that looks like a broccoli floret is what I think he meant.

Comment

Alison - how is your toenail? My fingernail came off on Friday, and I remembered this thread. Hope it's growing back okay.
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Ouch! I think losing a fingernail would be worse, since you use your hands more than toes! My nail is growing back in VERY slowly, but I hardly notice it anymore. At first, it would rub against my sock. Idk!

Comment

Working...
                    X