Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Clueless new homeowner - Question #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clueless new homeowner - Question #2

Topic of the day - thermostats

The current thermostats (3) are really weird and I don't like them. There's no way to just set a temperature. I need to schedule each one for when I wake up, when I go to sleep, when I leave the house and when I come back. For each day of the week. All 3 separately. It's a pain and if the schedule changes, which it will often, I'll be spending hours resetting each one. Is there a way to get something simpler installed? I know nothing, so please explain as you would to a 5 year old. Thanks in advance.

Luanne, if you want to stop by at any time, I promise to take you shopping and a great meal (with drinks).

Re: Clueless new homeowner - Question #2

There are thermostats that you can control from your computer - I had one at a business that I owned. Easy to change but might be expensive.

Comment

Like Lily said there should be a manual button. Ours has all of that programming to but also has a manual button.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

There may also be a "temp hold" button - manually set the temp you want, and then hit the hold button to stay at that temp and not allow the program to take over.
        Personally, I love the programmable thermostats. But if you want to replace them, it's really not a big deal.
        Enabler of DW and 5 kids
        Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead
          There may also be a "temp hold" button - manually set the temp you want, and then hit the hold button to stay at that temp and not allow the program to take over.
          Personally, I love the programmable thermostats. But if you want to replace them, it's really not a big deal.
          I do exactly what Fluff suggested. I just hit the temp Hold button and set it manually. Here in AZ you have the AC on 6/7 months. During the "winter", you really only turn on the heat in the AMs to warm the house a bit. There's really no need to replace it if you just do that!

Comment

I haven't been able to find the manual button, but I'll keep looking. I'm just glad to know that it's not a big deal to change them if I need to.

Comment

Working...
            X