Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

flor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flor ?

I just ordered some flor tiles (http://www.flor.com) for the entrance hallway and the office. I had ordered some samples and really liked the feel of the product. and I especially like the fact that one of the reviews said that her dog puked on one of the tiles so she took it outside, hosed it off and let it dry and it was fine. I also like that they're made from recycled products and they recycle your tiles when you're done or they need to be replaced. and they're actually made in the USA.

I ordered the "House Pet" in goldfish for the hallway- I think it'll work well once all the rooms have been painted- ultimately the hallway itself is green, the office is dark green, the dining room will be a dark orange/rust (mexicana from Benjamin Moore) and the Living Room will be Melted Butter from Behr. (and the stairway in the dining room will be painted melted butter because it's super dark and my parents can barely see walking down the stair at night as it is.)

For the Office, I ordered House Pet in Canary with a band of painted turtle around it. Mostly, with as much traffic as my floors get and as much puke (from the animals) as I end up cleaning up- I need inexpensive, yet attractive floor coverings. I have beautiful wood floors that desperately need to be refinished- which isn't going to happen any time soon.

Anyone have any input on them? Although it's too late because I ordered them this morning. Just wondering though.

Jenn

Re: flor ?

I haven't used them but love the catalog! Let me know what you think when you get them.

Comment

Just FYI, they have Flor tiles at CB2.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Thanks for sharing, these look cool! I would definitely give them a try. Post pics when you are done.

Comment

I can't wait to hear how they work out. we've been talking about ordering some to craft a rug for under our kitchen table (it's 5' square ... not a standard size).

Comment

We used these at my last office and they were great and really easy to use. We ordered extra squares and they came in handy when someone spilled coffee on them on day three.
            Danielle
            Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Well, the first three of the nine boxes arrived today. I'm so excited I can't stand it. Once everything is put together I'll finally take some pictures.

Jenn

Comment

Ooh, our new house is all hardwood and I was feeling intimidated by all the area rugs we'll need, and by the upkeep of said rugs amidst 3 cats, a dog, and two kids in the rainy PNW. Hose off sounds awesome, can't wait to hear the review and see action pics!
                Alison

Comment

I can't wait to hear your feedback, Jenn. DH is planning to finish off part of our attic and make it into a craft room/guest room this spring and we are tossing around the idea of using flor tiles.

Comment

What do you think, Jenn? I keep looking at these but haven't committed to them yet.
                    -Ladybug

Comment

I'm thinking this could be a good option for our dining room. I don't want to make a big investment in a rug that will undoubtably have things spilled on it. If it is a really bad spill, I could replace a square. So maybe just buy an extra square or two? I love the ideas in their catalog.

Comment

I just ordered some samples today. I'm planning to get a rug for under our kitchen table (which is 5 foot square).

Comment

So far so good- I still need to post pictures. I just ordered three more squares to use with my leftover squares and make one in the kitchen.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                          X