Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Retail therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail therapy

Here's what I've bought in the last 8 days:

http://www.sundancecatalog.com/PRODUCT/ ... 47767.html (4 sets)

a console table on sale at PBarn....

WS dish towels

a rice maker -- I forget the brand.

SOMEONE MAKE ME STOP!!!
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Re: Retail therapy

Ah, winter in Minnesota. Here's hoping for an early Spring.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Last week I spent almost $500 in nursing bras/clothes online. Some arrived on Saturday and some more are supposed to arrive today....and some are still on the way. I told myself that it was ok b/c I'm returning anything that doesn't fit right.
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf
        Ah, winter in Minnesota. Here's hoping for an early Spring.

Kelly
        EXACTLY!!!!! Damn I'm bored!
        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Oh, Flynn. I'm right there with you. This is truly a problem unique to attending households with stay at home parents in cold, grey, snowy climates.

Have money? Check.
          Have time? Check.
          Have SADD? Check.
          Have absolutely nothing left to do that you haven't already done in the last dreary four months? Check.

That's cause for a shopping red alert!

(I'm unfortunately booking contractors these days. Much more expensive than a rice cooker.)
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Ohhhh....I've been wanting a rice cooker. Let me know what you think of yours. I've been looking at the zojirushi (sp?) ones. I like the tumblers too!

I've got something like Angie's check list, or most of it. I've been too sick to do much other than surf the net. I'm showing excellent restraint and keeping our shopping to DH buying into his practice. Long term: good, short term: no fun. Maybe I need a rice cooker as a reward. :>

Comment

The only thing I am missing from Angie's check list is the money, yet today I found myself looking at more diapering accessories and nursing bras online. And contemplating making a 3 hour round trip drive to check out a new store...
              Kris

Comment

You should see all the fabrics I 've bought this winter. Must.stop.now. You know, since I have sooooo much free time to sew these days.

:brrr:
                -Ladybug

Comment

I've been wanting a rice cooker too - I HATE making rice on the stove top. I think shopping is perfectly acceptable. I went to the outlets today to go to Bath & Body Works to buy something for my MOPS group and of course had to stop at Carters. I would have also stopped at Old Navy and Eddie Bauer had we not gotten there and realized I had no stroller. :huh: Its probably better, I would have spent to much money anyway.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                  X