Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

memory foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memory foam

We are looking for a new mattress for DD- what about memory foam? Any pros or cons? It seems weird not to buy a box spring.
    Mom to three wild women.

My bil has a memory foam mattress that he loves loves loves. He says he hasn't slept this well in years.

On the flipside though, my dh has had memory foam (Tempurpedic) pillows and they tend to lose shape after a year or so. That's disappointing for the price... Maybe the mattresses don't lose shape as quickly?
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We have memory foam and we love it! I had bad back problems and I can sleep much better. You do have to flip it (every 3 months). It takes awhile to get use to it, but I will never go back to regular mattresses.

Oh and they are very heavy, so moving in not fun. And when they are in the truck, they can not lay on the side, they have to be placed flat.
      Brandi
      Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

I thought they squished into a little package and you could bring it home in your trunk?
        Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Be advised...if you have pets, the Tempurpedic seems to attract pet hair like a magnet...otherwise...sleep well...
          RB

Comment

Originally posted by RocketBoy View Post
            Be advised...if you have pets, the Tempurpedic seems to attract pet hair like a magnet...otherwise...sleep well...
            RB
            Oh yes, this is SO true! Why don't they make animal Swiffers with the fabric they use to cover these pads?
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
              Oh yes, this is SO true! Why don't they make animal Swiffers with the fabric they use to cover these pads?
              Now THERE'S an idea that needs to be patented!! Or the fabric from my dress pants would work well too...

Comment

Oh yeah...about the memory foam. My brother has one of those and I slept on it once when I was pg. Loved it!!!

Comment

We tried it in the store and weren't too crazy about it. Planning on going with latex as it seems to be somewhere in between foam and spring. There are also a number of mattresses that combine 2 or 3 different types (i.e. foam on top of spring or foam then latex than spring, etc.)

Comment

Working...
                  X