Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

included?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• included?

Sorry if this is random, but I don't know this one! When you buy a new refrigerator does the freezer come with a ice bucket or do you always order that extra?

Ours didn't have a ice bucket when we moved in and I've always wondered if the previous owners did something with it or took it with them. The other really strange thing is they never hooked up the ice maker! It was a brand new fridge when they moved in here and it's never been hooked up.
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Ours had a bucket that the icemaker dumped the ice into. Is that what you're asking? But if they didn't hook up the ice maker, they might have just gotten the ice cubes out of the trays as they needed them? It's weird to me, but I've been at several homes where people do that.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
      Ours had a bucket that the icemaker dumped the ice into. Is that what you're asking? But if they didn't hook up the ice maker, they might have just gotten the ice cubes out of the trays as they needed them? It's weird to me, but I've been at several homes where people do that.
      Yea, the bucket for the icemaker that dumps the ice into. Doesn't that come included when you buy a fridge new? I'm wondering if maybe the old owners never wanted to hook the ice maker (ok, fine. strange, but ok.) and then took out the bucket. But what did they do with it? Throw it out???????? Took it with them????

Comment

Yes, the bucket comes w/ the freezer. Sometimes they break but rarely if the ice-maker isn't being used.

You should be able to order another one through Sears or Home Depot.

Jenn

Comment

Thanks Jenn. That’s what I thought, but wasn’t sure. I guess I should have said the previous owners were European. They probably didn’t care to have ice and used the bucket for something else.

We did order a new bucket a couple weeks ago. $45… why are those things so dang expensive!?!? DH hooked up the icemaker over the weekend. Yay! Ice!

Comment

Working...
          X