Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Quick help with tree trimmers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick help with tree trimmers!

Our backyard opens onto a park. The electric company is trimming the trees along the back fence. I really really want to ask them to cut one of the trees that is on our property down completely or at least trim some of the trees back heavily. Should I just ask? Should I offer them some $$? They are like five houses down from ours right now.
    Mom to three wild women.

It wouldn't hurt to go ask them how to get on their schedule, but they would probably have to get it approved first. They should be able to give you the contact info for the person who makes their schedule. Is the tree you're wanting trimmed/removed near power lines?
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I would just say, "can I pay you to cut down this tree"? Never hurts to ask.
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I asked, and they cut it down to a reasonable height. Before it was overhanging a neighbor's garage and power lines. What they did today isnt perfect but is better than before. I am glad I asked!
        Mom to three wild women.

Comment

That's great!!
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

My experience is that if they can justify that it could cross the power lines then they'll do it. I long for the days of the buried power lines of my youth.

J.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
              I long for the days of the buried power lines of my youth.
              Really? We had buried power lines when I was a kid and I remember the power going out a lot more frequently...
              Kris

Comment

They ended up coming back the next day and cutting the tree to the ground. I had an estimate from a tree company for the same tree for $750! Wahoo!
                Mom to three wild women.

Comment

That is awesome!!
                  Tara

Comment

Wow - how do ya like that?
                    Kris

Comment

kris-

The power used to go out all the time when I was growing up but it was a new community- like when we moved in the road behind us was a dirt (Apple Ridge Road, in case Peggy is reading) and everything behind that was cornfield. As they put in the lines, invariably a transformer blew up. and always in the summer when it's 90 degrees and 80 percent humidity.

Here I'm just worried about things falling on them- like trees. or the crack house next door. (it's not really a crack house- but it could play one on TV)

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                      X