Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

After yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You go girl!!!! If I waited for DH to do these type of jobs, nothing would ever get done. The tools in the house actually belong to me. My proudest moments were when I fixed the dryer (next door neighbor had to help me pull it out because it was a little heavy) but the rest I did and when I pulled out the carpet and installed the Pergo in the living room. A girlfriend and I did the quater-round one night while DH was on call...had a blast chatting and hammering.
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Wow! Good for you, Cheri!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

After yesterday...

You rock! Super productive! I love the feeling of getting things done!
        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Well we can add plumber to my list of skills - I had to take the pipes under the kitchen sink apart to clear a clog this morning.

What's next?
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

What's next?
            That is a dangerous question.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
              What's next?
              My house?? Watch out...you'll become the IMSN handywoman-for-hire!
              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Look at you! Once we moved in my first comment to my parents was that I was going to have to learn how to be a handy woman!! I cleaned the gutters and my next tackle is a rain barrel. However....I'm very impressed with you and may be writing you for advice very sooon!!

Know anything about re-tiling a bathroom??

Comment

Originally posted by MelissaMac View Post
                  Know anything about re-tiling a bathroom??
                  The floor or the wall? We actually have done both but I did more supervising then participating.

Comment

The wall. We have ugly bathroom tile that is mustard. I want to do a brown/blue theme in the bathroom, but I don't know if I should retile or repaint and painting tile means you can't take a shower.....

Comment

Well wall tiling really wasn't that hard you just have to buy the right adhesive and grout. It was probably easier then the floor but I have NO idea how you remove the old stuff. That doesn't sound like fun.

Comment

You go girl! Maybe you can teach me a few things!
                        Needs

Comment

Tiling isn't that hard, but can be time consuming. For the tiles that are inside the shower, make sure you have the correct backer board and a water-proof vapor barrier to avoid leaking and issues with mold/mildew. Also, make sure to NOT use mastic. It mildews like crazy and shouldn't be used in a shower.

Comment

Wow Suzy! Your day sounds crazy! Being able to tackle all the household duties, care for the kids, and deal with fire alarms and wiring is amazing! I know it must be hard to be all things at home, but you are right, you can't wait for when DH has time to fix things.

All the painting and patching and taking trash and other things like that, basically falls on me. I remember I was patching some holes the dog ate in the wall, and my NS came home and said, "hey I said I was going to do that." I know his intentions are good, but when it comes down to time, it's easier for me to find it than him.

As for your comment on he came on at 9 and out at 10:30. I can totally understand. Last week my NS came home at 9 left at 11:30 and then came home the next evening at like midnight. I know that feeling, mind you I don't have 2 kids to care for like you do, so I can not imagine what challenges you overcome daily! You're amazing!

Comment

Working...
                            X