Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Best flooring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moonlight View Post
    She says its easier than putting in laminate except that we'll need to pour some type of leveler on the subfloor before he can then snap in the LVP.
    Uh...having to pour leveler doesn't sound "easier" to me...
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
      Uh...having to pour leveler doesn't sound "easier" to me...
      Thats what I thought!!!!!! I think she is saying this because she'll be nearly 2,000 miles away when I attempt it this week!
      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

We need to find a "Handyman Sven" to share and send him / her around the country based on our iMSN needs!!!! I could use him at least one month out of the year, willing to share housing / travel costs with others in my geographic area!!!!
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
          We need to find a "Handyman Sven" to share and send him / her around the country based on our iMSN needs!!!! I could use him at least one month out of the year, willing to share housing / travel costs with others in my geographic area!!!!
          I need a group of minions like yesterday. I don't even care if they look like Quasimodo Ideally, 2 college-aged couples since I have "easy" tasks and manual labor/moving landscaping stones. Plus, the girls can keep the guys in line
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Talked to my cousin who works in commercial building interiors (it's a little different, but the girl knows her product). She agreed that LVP is a better basement product - it's waterproof and can be floating. Are you hiring someone to lay it? Leveling is what's always scared me about doing my own tile flooring installation.
            -Deb
            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Um yes. And if he doesn't look like Quasimodo, they are all sorts of payment options.
              Kris

Comment

I really like the porcelain tiles that resemble wood...I have seen some amazing examples. This site has a lot but there are tons more...just keep searching!

http://www.southcypress.com/Design-Gallery/Wood-Tile-Idea-Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Momo View Post
                  I really like the porcelain tiles that resemble wood...I have seen some amazing examples. This site has a lot but there are tons more...just keep searching!

http://www.southcypress.com/Design-Gallery/Wood-Tile-Idea-Gallery
                  I FLOVE those. I seriously want those instead of hardwoods when we eventually replace our carpet.

Comment

What kind of beautiful magic are those???? Sign me up (in about 6 years).
                    Jen
                    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                      Talked to my cousin who works in commercial building interiors (it's a little different, but the girl knows her product). She agreed that LVP is a better basement product - it's waterproof and can be floating. Are you hiring someone to lay it? Leveling is what's always scared me about doing my own tile flooring installation.
                      I'm sorry. I know the thread title is confusing since I grabbed it from a while back. I would be putting the LVP in my one story home in the living room, bedrooms and hall. The waterproof part of it really appeals to me because I know laminate can ruin if it gets wet. I also realize it would last a really long time. On the other hand I went today and looked at the LVP in person and I didn't like it at all. It looked good, but I didn't like the feel of it. To me when that goes down its going to feel just the same as the vinyl in my kitchen. Last issue I have with LVP is that they don't have a enough of it on hand here to do the project. I need to buy supplies tomorrow. I feel like she sent me on this crazy game for the past 3 days. Not to be mean but she does this crap and I don't know how FIL is still married to her after 35+ years!

ETA I just changed the title of this thread to make it more of a general 'flooring' discussion.
                      Last edited by moonlight; 04-30-2013, 01:32 PM. Reason: ETA

Comment

Ok - if its not going in a basement, do laminate or bamboo. You won't regret it. We've had both (as well as tile, carpet, etc). Do you have the .98 one narrowed down? I say go for it!
                        -Deb
                        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                          Ok - if its not going in a basement, do laminate or bamboo. You won't regret it. We've had both (as well as tile, carpet, etc). Do you have the .98 one narrowed down? I say go for it!
                          Yeah I do have a pretty color of laminate that I found for .96 at this random mid Atlantic bargain store here in NC that resembles a Big Lots but also sells carpet, rugs, vinyl tile, and laminate. I like the color better than the same price range offerings at Lowes. Home Depot closed here, and the local flooring guys act like they don't want to work so they can take a hike.

THANK YOU! I'm going to pull the trigger tomorrow. I'm hunting around for a coupon! Oh gawd I feel so cheep! LOL!

Comment

Put me on the list.

Comment

I want to do a bathroom in the porcelain wood tiles. Would be great in a kitchen too
                              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

How do you think that wood tile would look in a bathroom and kitchen when the entire rest of the floor on that level is wood floors?
                                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                                X