Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Has anyone used "Goof Off" paint remover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used "Goof Off" paint remover?

Has anyone used this? It's smell is highly potent--I'm wondering about experiences with it.

Originally posted by sunnysideup View Post
    Has anyone used this? It's smell is highly potent--I'm wondering about experiences with it.
    Both "Goof Off" and "Goodbye Splatters" are good products. Just be careful what you're using them on. Some finishes will come off along with whichever splatters you're trying to remove, too.

Comment

We used it recently to pick up paint splatter from the wooden floors in our new place. Bwe didn't have any problems but be sure to test in a corner that won't be obvious if there is a problem. Btw, I didn't remember it smelling toxic .... It seemed almost like a water based product.
      Danielle
      Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I bought Goof Off to get paint splatters off my wood floors and it didn't work. ??? Ten_D, did you have a special method?

Comment

I thought this was the most toxic product I'd ever smelled. The fumes were absolutely horrible. Did others have this same experience?

Comment

The one I used was really stinky too, I think there are several different versions of it. I was annoyed because usually when something reeks, it works great.

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
              The one I used was really stinky too, I think there are several different versions of it. I was annoyed because usually when something reeks, it works great.
              How long did it take for the smell to go away? What did you use it on? It took 8 hours for the smell to go away. It was absolutely awful!

Comment

I must have used a different version... I'll find it and post the name.
                Danielle
                Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
                  I bought Goof Off to get paint splatters off my wood floors and it didn't work. ??? Ten_D, did you have a special method?
                  Depending on what product those splatters were or how old they are, they may not be something that can be removed. Also depends on which formulation of Goof Off was used. They make both a solvent-based one (which stinks to high heaven), and a water-based one (which is far less smelly). The solvent-based one is more powerful and works much more quickly, but isn't available in all areas due to local laws governing solvents in products.

Another thing to consider is age of splatters. Latex (water-based) paints cure differently than oil or solvent-based products. An oil-based paint cures as it dries. It dries slowly, but by the time it's done, it's also cured. Latex products dry very quickly, but can take up to 30 days to cure. If you're trying to remove latex paint splatters before they cure, they're typically pretty easy to remove. Once things have cured, the coating is tougher to remove. Not impossible, but more difficult.

Comment

Working...
                  X