Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Dyson Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyson Question

We got a Dyson DC24 (orange ball) for a wedding/bridal shower present about 5 months ago. I'm so disappointed!

When I first got the Dyson, I had been using a 20+ year old Eureka. The Dyson picked up so much that the old unit missed. I emptied it 4 times the first time I used it. I sang the praises of Dyson.

Now, nearly 5 months later, I'm a little disappointed. It picks up crumbs, dirt and some hair pretty well, but it does not pick up lint balls, hair balls (DH is a hairy guy), or thread. I have to go back over the carpet after vacuuming with the hose attachment and pick up all of the stuff it missed. It is time consuming and a total PITA.

I should probably describe our floor situation. We live in a rental, so we have low-to-medium pile beige/tan carpet; our unit is about 10 years old, so let's just assume the carpets are the same age. There are definitely some sections that are high traffic, but the carpet is in decent shape - not too many stains or other problems.

Please help me out here fellow Dyson owners - is there something I'm doing wrong? The only thing I can think of is that we haven't washed the filter like they recommend. Every time I think of it, it is always as I'm frantically vacuuming before people come over (like today). Should I take it to be serviced? Or is this what happens with a Dyson?
    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

I had mine cleaned/serviced once and it helped....but cleaning it yourself should be a first step.
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Ahhhh thank you!! I was hoping that someone would tell me to clean it and perhaps it would work better. I will give it a cleaning when I have a chance next week. Not willing to give up on Dyson just yet!

Comment

Disconnect all of the hoses, etc. and make sure nothing is stuck / blocking ths suction. I found a sock in mine when it lost its suction power.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Cassy
          If your DH is hairy, it may just need de-haired. Don't give up!
          This works for ours. And Cassy - at first I read that as: "he might just need to be dehaired"
          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Definitely clean the filter- you only have to do it every six months or so. and check the tubes- I've found ridiculous stuff sucked up in there.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
              This works for ours. And Cassy - at first I read that as: "he might just need to be dehaired"
              LOL!!! This is what I read it as too!! God I wish I could dehair him a bit. If it were his back or chest, I would be dehairing him ASAP. However, he just has a hairy head, arms and legs, so it seems to be everywhere (and it would look weird if I removed all of that). And it is sexy...

Anyway, I will check the tubes and clean the filter as soon as I have the chance. The bedroom is going to need vacuuming when I get back from my weekend trip.

Comment

Originally posted by scarlett09 View Post
                LOL!!! This is what I read it as too!! God I wish I could dehair him a bit. If it were his back or chest, I would be dehairing him ASAP. However, he just has a hairy head, arms and legs, so it seems to be everywhere (and it would look weird if I removed all of that). And it is sexy...

Anyway, I will check the tubes and clean the filter as soon as I have the chance. The bedroom is going to need vacuuming when I get back from my weekend trip.
                Hehe - Here is your solution: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FSFNVI/...l_4imqjmry9h_b Kidding kidding!!
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
                  Hehe - Here is your solution: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FSFNVI/...l_4imqjmry9h_b Kidding kidding!!
                  Hahahahaha!!! Sometimes I call him "furry", but I actually tend to call him "fluffy" because the hair on his head grows in FAST. Like needs to get a haircut every 3 weeks fast. So when his hair starts to get long and fro-y, I start calling him "fluffy". Then he usually hightails it to the barber.

Comment

Working...
                  X