Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

dealing with flushed diaper clogging the toilet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dealing with flushed diaper clogging the toilet?

I woke up at 1:30 this morning to shrieks of laughter & tore around the corner to the hall bath. There was water in the hall, water covering the bathroom floor, water covering the twins, and diapers everywhere. They were trying to flush an entire pack of disposables down the toilet, one by one!

I just tried the toilet, and it won't flush.

Do you think plunging is a bad idea? I think we have a septic system (we're renting). Should we call the septic guys out to pump the system? Ack! I really don't know what to do! We have two other toilets, but I'm afraid of those diapers getting far enough down the line to back up the entire system. Can that happen?

Somebody please tell me this will be funny someday. In the meantime, I think we're done with daytime naps. It's safer for those two to be sleeping when I'm asleep!

it may not be right now, but this will be super funny once its all dealt with. Fantastic story to tell their future significant others.

I have no advice... Myself, I would call someone... but I am incapable of fixing things.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I think even my Mr. Fix-it husband would call someone for that!

It will be funny...someday.
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Oh, my, goodness. Wow. Your twins better be nice to you when you are int he nursing home.
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

The shrieks of laughter are a sure sign that they are having MUCH more fun than you will be : ) Hope everything gets back in working order soon!
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I would start with an apologetic call to the Landlord to find out who to call (before using any of the toilets). I promise it will
            be funny one day.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Too late. DH came home this morning and decided to try plunging it. It works... for now. I hope the diaper(s) makes it all the way through the system!

Yet another reason to switch to something biodegradable. Or get them all potty trained. DD#1 is almost there!

Comment

Working...
              X