Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

36 square feet down, 3500 left to go...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36 square feet down, 3500 left to go...

After living in our home for more than 12 years it is in serious need of repainting. Since we really can't swing hiring a painter at this time dh and I are doing it bit by bit. We started with the powder bathroom this past weekend. We used BM Yarmouth Blue, love almost all the historic colors from BM. Now on to the kitchen...what have we gotten ourselves into.
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Looks great!
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Very nice! I love the color!
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

That looks absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful color! Can I ask: how did you hang the print on the bathroom wall without worrying about hitting a bathroom pipe? We want to hang some prints in our bathroom but I'm concerned about accidentally hitting a pipe while doing it. Did you use a stud finder or something like that?

Comment

Very pretty!
          Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

gorgeous--I just love that color!
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Beautiful!
              Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

When you're finished you two are more then welcome to drive north...I live in what I like to refer to as "the world's largest apartment!" I have only managed to paint 3 bedrooms in the (almost) 6 yrs we've been here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shazam View Post
                  When you're finished you two are more then welcome to drive north...I live in what I like to refer to as "the world's largest apartment!" I have only managed to paint 3 bedrooms in the (almost) 6 yrs we've been here.
                  You got it Suz! I should warn you though that I have a feeling this might be a very long project and having blue painters tape all around the house will probably just become a part of daily living.
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Oh, you are inspiring me. I've got about 3400 square feet of builder grade white and some serious color commitment issues. Maybe we should make a pact.
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Love the color! And I'm jealous that you've been living in the same house for 12 years.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
                        Oh, you are inspiring me. I've got about 3400 square feet of builder grade white and some serious color commitment issues. Maybe we should make a pact.
                        We were in a similar situation. The house we recently moved into (though not new) had all beige walls. Not a single color anywhere. We painted nearly the whole house (had painters come). That was a big ordeal, and the worse of our renovations in terms of stress.

Comment

36 square feet down, 3500 left to go...

Looks great! Love the color.
                          Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

An update:

We finally finished the kitchen!

Next will be the living room and dining room. The dining room will be the dark blue (Newburyport blue) and the living room will be the cream (Monterey white)

I imagine it will be another several months before we finish the living room/dining room

ETA: Yes, I notice the molding also needs serious touch up, lol. We are going to tackle molding once all the walls are done because that will be a HUGE job.
                            Last edited by Pollyanna; 10-20-2010, 01:09 AM.
                            Tara

Comment

Ooooh, I absolutely LOVE that dark blue! Way to go!

Comment

Working...
                              X