Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

and now let's bring out the hard core debaters....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and now let's bring out the hard core debaters....

I need recs for hearty, kid proof paint. Our builder grade flat white is coming off in huge swipes.

I know that we have several happy painters on here, so bring on your thoughts. Pollyanna is inspiring me. I will not fear making a decision on color. I will not let my indecision become a decision. I will paint!

Hear me roar.
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Builder grade sucks. I specifically told my builder what to use and I still ended up with builder grade.

I've become a convert to Behr's paint with the primer added. (Can't recall name of it, sorry) It covered a botched faux finish (by yours truly ) with ONE coat!! Their color selection is limited but the paint clerk said they can use any of the behr paint chips.

Can't wait to see what you choose!!

Comment

Benjamin Moore all the way. I like Sherwin Williams, too. But BM has never failed me (besides the unfortunate initials).

Comment

I am more of a Sherwin Williams gal but for this last go around we've been using BM (thanks to the 20% off sale at Ace) and we've been very happy. I like the pearl finish a lot. We are currently working on the kitchen (which may take until we have the sell the house, lol). The color we chose was Manchester Tan from BM and it is beautiful. Could truly be used anywhere in the house. Have fun!
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I've become a convert to Behr's paint with the primer added. (Can't recall name of it, sorry) It covered a botched faux finish (by yours truly ) with ONE coat!! Their color selection is limited but the paint clerk said they can use any of the behr paint chips.
          Pretty sure it is called Behr Ultra. I just used it to paint a bunch of furniture and it is holding up well. My parents used it often too. I think they can try and match any paint chip you bring in.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I've used SW, BM, and Behr (both with and without the primer). I'd go Behr with primer all the way. It goes on well, covers well, and if they don't have a color, you can color-match (you can with any of them). Behr is usually chosen by both Consumer Reports and Good Housekeeping for the most cleanable without removing paint, which is why I tried it in the first place.
            -Deb
            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I love Sherwin Williams ProClassic XP, it's worth the money. I find Behr colors to be off from the paint chip. Benjamin Moore is good, and if you have an Ace Hardware store with Ben Moore colors. I have found that the AH brand paint comparable to Ben Moore, but cheaper.
              Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I've used regular Behr and wasn't too crazy about it. I'm much happier with SW. Just make sure that you go with a glossy finish that's washable. I still regret being talked into flat paint for the bedrooms, should have done washable everywhere.

Comment

My contractor for the DC house tried the Behr with the Primer (and I do think it is Behr Ultra) and says he's not going to use anything else ever again.

Jenn

Comment

SW Duration has worked really well in our kids rooms and wipes clean nicely. I am curious about BM.
                    Needs

Comment

Definitely Behr with primer!
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                      X