Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How would you redo this house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you redo this house?

newhouse.JPGpaintscheme.JPG
    We live in a duplex built in 1939 that our landlord took out of foreclosure a year ago and has completely redone it on the inside. He hasn't done much to the outside yet and knows I'm into design and decorating, so he's asked me to seriously think of some ideas. (Did I mention I have an awesome landlord? Rabid Sooner fan too!) Our place is the pic on the left, and the look he is going for is on the right.

The plant boxes on the front porch are going to be gone soon.

What do you think of the wrought iron fence? It's kind of a mess, but kind of cool at the same time. Any ideas for columns and shutters specifically? I suggested a low wall around the porch to enclose it a little more.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SoonerTexan; 09-28-2010, 10:20 AM. Reason: Better pics
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

I stink at this, but it's a cool house! I like the wrought-iron. The white side of the house is the back, right? I'd add a contrasting color of paint, like the front.

Fun project!

Comment

Haha actually the white part is the front of ours and the painted place is just a random house with the look he is going for
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
        Our place is the pic on the left, and the look he is going for is on the right.
        Got it.

Comment

What about doing a railing around the porches (like the the other picture) and painting the trim and shutters a dark brown to contrast with the current color?
          Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I think I would paint the trim a darker color for contrast. That is the biggest issue that I see, that it is very monotone. But then again, I am color blind, so don't ask me!
            Kris

Comment

I like the fence. I second the railing on the porch. Is your LL planning on it remaining a duplex?
              Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Is your LL planning on it remaining a duplex?
                Yes

Comment

I was just wondering if the LL wanted to make the duplex look like one home (for a future single dwelling) or wanted to enhance the two entrances.
                  Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

wanted to enhance the two entrances.
                    This

Comment

The fence is ok but the brick is a pretty horrible color. I'd almost be tempted to paint the brick of the fence the same color as whatever color trim. Go to Behr.com and play w/ the exterior paint colors- there's one that's an arts and crafts cottage very similar to your house.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                      X