Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fastening vine to a wall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastening vine to a wall?

How do I do this...? I have a wooden fence and jasmine vines that I want to train to grow a certain way, against the fence.

Googling "fastening Jasmine to a fence" yields a whole lot of stuff that can't be repeated here.

Any tips?
    married to an anesthesia attending

Heh. Try this search instead:

attach jasmine vine to wooden fence

Whole first page of google results to that was all about gardening.
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Does this help? The GardenWeb forums might have more info.

Fasten procumbent vines (they crawl along the ground and have no means of self-support) such as jasmine directly to a fence or trellis. Secure the shoots loosely using plastic-coated wire or nylon twine. To cloak a wall or solid fence, drive in galvanized nails at 18-inch to 2-foot intervals, and as the shoots grow, tie them to the nails.

Read more: How to Train a Vine | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_14672_train-...#ixzz13bR7sWxs
      Cristina
      IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
        Googling "fastening Jasmine to a fence" yields a whole lot of stuff that can't be repeated here.

Any tips?
        LOL I have no advice, but that totally cracked me up!!!

Kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
          LOL I have no advice, but that totally cracked me up!!!

Kris
          Ditto!!!
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Thanks, guys! Just needed to modify my google search. I even searched "nailing jasmine to a wooden fence."
            The Internet isn't as naive as I am.

Comment

Thanks, guys! Just needed to modify my google search. I even searched "nailing jasmine to a wooden fence."
              Sandy
              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Dear God, Alison. You do go out in public unattended, right? I love you ... and your naive google searches.

Comment

OMG.. I can just imagine the things that came up with that search. I hope you have found what you needed!
                  -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                  Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                  Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Well, it looks like I'll be nailing it to the wall.

It's a wonder that I make it through each day... I know...
                    When dh was on call, I went to check our front door to make sure it was locked, and when I got to the door, I screamed! My own reflection in the door's frosted window panes startled the living daylights out of me!

Comment

When dh was on call, I went to check our front door to make sure it was locked, and when I got to the door, I screamed! My own reflection in the door's frosted window panes startled the living daylights out of me!
                      Cut back on the coffee?

Comment

How dare you say such a thing.
                        But you're definitely onto something--I'm super jumpy.

How do you live where I live and cut back? Especially in my neighborhood...

Comment

I've done things like that.. more than once. You are not alone. And I don't drink coffee.
                          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
                            I've done things like that.. more than once. You are not alone. And I don't drink coffee.
                            I've also done that. The last time was when I walked into my hotel room and saw my reflection in the full length mirror on the bathroom door. I was all by myself and it startled me.
                            Cristina
                            IM PGY-2

Comment

LOL I love it!
                              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                              X