Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Updating intercoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating intercoms

So our place has an old intercom/radio system (25 years old) and its just plain ugly. Originally we thought we'd rip them out in all the rooms and just patch the walls, but we have found that we really like having radio in everyroom throughout the house/garage/basement (DH loves it for listening to the game).

Anybody do any updating of intercoms? Did you use the same company? Do you think its worth doing? I think we'd enjoy it if we update it, but depending on the cost I'm not sure if it will be worth it when we go to sell (but then again that probably won't be for 7-10 years).
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Let me know if you figure out a way to easily add an iPod dock. We have one that just has speakers in the kitchen and master bath, but I really don't have many cassettes hanging around to use with it .
    -Deb
    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
      Let me know if you figure out a way to easily add an iPod dock. We have one that just has speakers in the kitchen and master bath, but I really don't have many cassettes hanging around to use with it .
      And why is that?

DH wanted to add the IPod docking thingy-ma-bopper in the bathroom and I told him I did not think it was a good idea because it could soon be the cassette player. I already have an alarm clock that can dock the IPod Nano (2nd generation) but not the IPHone.
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

if the wiring is there, can you just rewire something from radio shack?
        Kris

Comment

Funny thing is that the updated ones don't show plug-ins for an ipod? I wasn't necessarily looking for an ipod doc, but something that had an input device. Right now we just have radio, and I really enjoy it but an ipod attachment or something would be nice for entertaining.

I'm debating whether an update is worth it... it will be probably under a thousand dollars, but I am not sure if its worth it. It would be cheaper just to yank it out and patch up the walls..... (before we do anymore painting). I know I enjoy it but really I could just use a single radio... cuz would a future buyer even appreciate it? I don't know?
          Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

If you are planning on having kiddos in the house, you might want to keep it. Growing up, ours had a setting that allowed my parents to hear what was going on in the bedrooms. Took me years to figure out how they knew we were still up.
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
            X