Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bathroom Paint Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom Paint Colors

So we have a small guest bath, that has no natural light. It has white floors, toliet, tub and molding. The shower curtain in choc brown, with gold and red in it. I want to repaint that bathroom.
    I was thinking a deep red (Crimson perhaps ? I thought it would make it look small but my friends think it would look great and comfy. Any suggestions.
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

My sister had a small powder room that was red, I don't think it made it look small at all.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I used to have a small powder room that I painted red. I liked it! I think small spaces can handle it better.

http://picasaweb.google.com/m/zoom?u...portHeight=416

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

My boss has a red bathroom. It's not a large room (bigger than a powder room), and the paint really doesn't make it seem too much smaller. I do admit that it did look a bit bigger with lighter paint, but the difference is not huge. They also have black plumbing fixtures, so it's pretty dark, but it still manages to be sleek and comfortable at the same time. I love it.
        I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

We have a deep mustard yellow in one of our bathrooms (the previous owner painted it). It has a small window in it, but I think even without a window, it would look nice.
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We are trying to pick between a merlot or a chocolate. The bathrooms are decorated in brown, gold, red and plums, white cabinets and trim.

Anyone tried the Behr paint and primer in one?
            Brandi
            Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Paint and primer do two fundamentally different things. I've never been a fan of the "all-in-one" kinds, even Behr. And Behr is one of my absolute favorite brands. You usually don't need primer for coverage. If you need to seal bare wallboard or spackle patches, definitely prime.

As for colors, so long as you select a one that looks kind of dusty on the chip (as opposed to a bright, vibrant, "clean color") you'll probably like it. Bright, cleaner colors tend to take on a Tammy Faye Baaker make-up feel once they're up on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                As for colors, so long as you select a one that looks kind of dusty on the chip (as opposed to a bright, vibrant, "clean color") you'll probably like it. Bright, cleaner colors tend to take on a Tammy Faye Baaker make-up feel once they're up on the wall.
                Best paint advice ever. I hadn't thought about it before.
                Kris

Comment

Thanks. This is muted not shiny in ur face. I hate to paint so it should be interesting. I am trying to figure out how to paint near the top
                  Brandi

Comment

If you want to tape off your ceiling, I'd recommend Frog tape. It comes in a sealed container and turns the liquid of the paint that hits it into a gel so you don't get anything bleeding under it. If you're like me and haaaaaate taping things off, you can use a hand-held paint shield. They come in a variety of sizes and some are pretty easy to use. Just avoid the giant ones -- those are for people using airless sprayers to apply their paint. They'd be complete overkill for you and more cumbersome than helpful in a bathroom.

You could also try to freehand the edges if you're good with a brush. The rule of thumb is usually this -- the better you are with a brush, the less taping you can get away with doing. The worse you are, the more you should tape.

Comment

OMG the painting is done!! I will post pics once I get everything put back in place and redecorate. Such a huge improvement from the white. It took me forever to paint though, 2-3 coats with the primer and paint in one, we did the trim and painted the door and cabinets. I am not going to paint for a while... whew!
                      Brandi

Comment

Originally posted by bokelley View Post
                        OMG the painting is done!! I will post pics!

Yay! Thats great! I can't wait to see the finished product.
                        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Here is the after pics!
                          My mirror frame is not in yet, so i will post that once it gets in!!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by bokelley; 04-17-2011, 08:35 PM.
                          Brandi

Comment

Pretty!
                            Laurie
                            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

You guys did a great job. Looks fabulous.

Comment

Working...
                              X