Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ceiling fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceiling fans

I'm having a hard time deciding between HD in-house brand (Hampton bay) and Lowes in-house (Harbor breeze). They look very similar and cost about the same. Do any of you have experience with either brand or generally prefer one chain over the other?

We had a Hampton Bay when we lived in AZ. It was extremely effective. Sorry, no idea about the other one. We now have a self-leveling Hunter CF that I love.

Comment

We've had good luck with both. I would pick whichever one you like the most (but if one has a remote and the other doesn't - I'd go for that one).
      -Deb
      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

We have a Hunter that we like. If possible, hook it up with two switches on the wall so the light and fan can be controlled separately. Our house is older so I couldn't do that easily. It's a bit of a pain during the summer when the fan is running after dark and you have to walk to the middle of the room and hunt for the pull chain to get light.

Comment

Done both, they both seem fine so far. Have used chains and remote controls, and now we're installing one with a wall switch.
          Ceiling fans rule.
          Enabler of DW and 5 kids
          Let's go Mets!

Comment

Growing up in Florida, I didn't know that houses came without ceiling fans! If you have high ceilings, don't forget a down rod.
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I have both in my house now and they are equal as far as I can tell. We put them in 8 years ago and they are still working perfectly.
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I agree with having two switches for light/fan control. We have the knob-type in some rooms (turn the knob, fan speed goes up - but the light is just on/off), and a double dimmer-style in other rooms. Our fans were from Lowes because the closest HD is 30 miles away So far, so good!
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

These will be going up in room with cathedral ceiling and both come with remotes and have reverse direction options. I need two identical ones for one big space, otherwise I'd try one of each. We currently have Hunter but they're too small for the space and only go in one direction.

Comment

Working...
                  X