Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Beach people - help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beach people - help?

After a few days of splashing about in the ocean, my swimsuit is full of sand. I rinsed it in the shower right away and got a lot out, then ran it through the washer when I got home. So it's better, but still not gone. It's almost like the really fine sand has embedded itself. Anybody have any good solutions for getting it out?
    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

I find that soaking it for a while and then washing by hand helps. I hate when that happens!!!
    I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I've learned over the years to not wear suits with liners in the ocean. I have no solutions, I've lost several suits that way. Sorry J.
      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I don't know about swimsuits, but baby powder will make sand absolutely fall off of your skin (I never go to the beach without it) maybe it will work on fabric.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I think soaking it would work best. Float it in a decent bin of water and agitate lightly every 30 min or so for a few hours.
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
            I don't know about swimsuits, but baby powder will make sand absolutely fall off of your skin (I never go to the beach without it) maybe it will work on fabric.

Do you put it on the skin before going in the sand or throughout the day? This could be a very excited tip for me. Love the beach; hate the sand!

Comment

You put it on after the beach before getting into the car. Oliver asks for it now when he gets out of the sandbox!!!! The sand really does just fall off of you! We keep a container of baby powder with our sandbox toys!
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Great tip, Luanne! You know I am trying that next time I hit the beach!
                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I am totally trying that tomorrow!
                  I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I'm definitely trying it out as well - and glad to hear I don't have to look like I'm albino while at the beach for this to work! Thanks!

Comment

You can also try a gallon jug of water with a little conditioner in it as a rinse off. Added bonus of helping get the sand out of your hair. (and it gets warm sitting in a hot car)
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Oooh Michelle, that's a good one too! Looks like I'll use both of your tips next week! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X