Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

shaking up the house a bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaking up the house a bit

We're playing musical rooms and totally shifting everything in the house. Movers are coming to move furniture in an hour. I'm so exctied! Since we moved in four years ago we've added 2 more munchkins and our family's needs/acitivites have evolved. My mom (who''s awesome at this stuff!) made the suggestion. We're moving all three girls into the old family room, so they are going to be essentially living in a girl's dorm. It's a cool room though with an A line ceiling and 2 exposed beams, some exposed brick, and lots are nooks. I want to get a small flat screen mounted on the slanted wall. DDS is moving upstairs and the guest bed is also moving upstairs into a smaller room. The TV/couch is moving downstairs over the fireplace into a room we've just been letting the kids play in so far.

The best part is that the large (old) guestroom downstairs will be converted into...drumroll please...a sewing room for me! I will set up my embroiderary machine and a new serger that I haven't even been able to get out of the box. My sewing stuff definitely overfloweth in this house. Having it consolidated into one room will be a huge, huge improvement for everyone living with me. I can't wait to set up my own creative, bright, space!!! I'm teaching DD1 and a good friend how to sew this year. I got them beginner machines and I'm working out an intro to sewing curriculum over the year with them. Next year I hope to teach a 4-6 student class once or twice a week. I'm teaching my neighbor how to sew with more of an adult/home dec bend. Teachers are asking me to put together a class for that.

I have a painter coming to repaint all these rooms. Can't wait!! I figure we need to be comfortable in the spaced for at least another 4-5 years so I'm trying to make it meet everyone's needs here and now....and I get to sew in my own room. ))))) We're hoping to build eventually, but it's going to take a lot of time getting there, so we need this space to better serve us for a while.
    -Ladybug

Yay! Sounds fab!
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Sounds awesome!!!
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Don't forget to take before and after pics!!! I love reinventing a living space like that.
        -Deb
        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Sounds like a great plan!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

How awesome!
            Jen
            Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

So fun!!! Can't wait to see pics!
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Very cool!
                Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

What a great idea!!
                  Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

pictures please!
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I want pictures too! So fun!

Kris
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

^^^ Yes this!
                        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

That is crazy awesome!

Comment

Can't wait to hear how it turns out. Especially the girls' room.

Comment

That's so great!!!!
                              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                              X