Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Curtains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtains

So I need to order curtains for the kids' rooms, black out curtains. I can't handle the 6am wake-up and the constant battle at bed time because it is still light out.

These are their rooms.

Most of the black out shades I have found are dark colors, so it looks like the options are limited to make the rooms cute. Pink, white or blue.

I'm thinking this one in light blue for R's room.

And this one in two shades (two dark pink and two light pink)for A's room.

I'm just wondering if that is to much pink and blue? Maybe I should keep looking for something with a pattern or a different color.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Cute rooms! I have no idea how expensive it would be to have some custom made, but if you could find a fabric you like, they sell blackout liners that can be sewn in. My MIL did that for our kids' rooms.

I mentioned it on your Facebook, but be sure to add in extra length and width to extend past the window. A lot of light can come through on the sides.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

So those are to much pink and blue?

Comment

Heh, no clue. I'm terrible with colors/decorating. I think it'd look pretty, though!
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I think the pink and blue are fine...are there any custom curtain stores in your area? It might not be that expensive. I was browsing one in Dallas for fabric...oh the choices are awesome!
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

For now go with the least expensive item that matches. I think pink and blue will be fine and your choices look great. I wouldn't spring for custom curtains until the kiddos are much older and don't change their color preferences on a regular basis.
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

These are PBK so they're not super cheap but since they're on sale once you buy a curtain and a liner these are cheaper. Hopefully tomorrow I can go to the store and see them in person.

Comment

I actually like the look of the same color for curtains as the rest of the room. I think they'll look great! You're inspiring me to get off my tail and start painting and decorating the two year old's room.
                -Deb
                Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Oh man, we are cheap. We went to an art supply store and bought large black card stock (has foam between the layers). We cut them down to size of dd's windows, end of story.
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Suzy, I just got the darker pink blackout curtains for DDs room. They work extremely well. I think the pink and blue would look good. The paint jobs turned out great, btw.

Comment

It depends on how you feel about pink and blue. It might be worth looking for a local seamstress and custom making the curtains. Too bad you don't live around here, I got one that's way cheaper than PBK.

Comment

I don't have the number of windows you have and half the number of kids but I ended up buying a black out solar shade/blind from JCPenny (in white) and getting a really pretty ivory/cream color black our curtain from Lowe's that matched the ivory/cream (with big diamond pattern that matched the bedding princess theme) accents in DD's pink themed room. I might have a pic on my computer to show you how it turned out. I think pink would be ok as long as it was the same pink.
                        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

just wanted to add that I recently bought Solaris blackout curtains from Home Depot and attached them to the back of our bedroom curtains - they work awesomely! They come with drapery hooks to attach them to curtains, but you could also have them sewn in to curtains that you like, I'm sure. I used thick brown velvet curtains as blackout curtains for DD, and these new ones work just as well if not better than than the brown ones. This is what I got: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051
                          Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

Working...
                          X