Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Dishwasher recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dishwasher recommendations

Our dishwasher died, and few months ago it made a weird noise and we cleaned out the "grinder" assembly, and the noise went away. It started doing it again, we did the same thing, but the horrible noise didn't go away. The last time we searched the web, the advice was either a pump/motor issue or the grinder being clogged. Tonight the motor/pump went-- it does not run at all, and stopped mid-cycle. It looks like it will be cheaper to get a new dishwasher than to replace the pump/motor on the thing.

So recommendations are welcomed. Our current dishwasher is a Whirlpool Gold about 7 years old.

Thank you!
    Gas, and 4 kids

We had good luck with the Frigidaire Gallery series dishwasher we put into the last house before we moved.

Comment

We're now on our third house with Bosch- I don't think I'll ever buy another brand. The clean is phenomenal and you don't hear it running. I actually have to feel it to make sure it's not warm to know if it's done running.
      -Deb
      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

We have a Miele that was here when we moved in - I LOVE that thing! But I think they are rather pricey! My mom has a BOSCH and loves it!!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Not the Fisher & Paykel Dish drawer. My parents have had two that both crapped out and never worked right (one was a replacement for the first)
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

We have a Bosch, and I love it. My parents have a Miele and love theirs, although I will say that the pull outs and dividers seem to make more sense in the Miele than the Bosch. For larger appliances, I will only buy German from here on out. The machines are quieter and get dishes/clothes cleaner. They also don't die as quickly!
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I was told by a salesman to not buy Samsung dishwashers. I guess they are good with washer dryers, but NOT dishwashers.

Shrug.

We go through dishwashers fast. Every 4-5 years...
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

On Facebook, here and Consumer Reports, even my friend who is the wife of a contractor with 20+ years experience have all said - Bosch.

Now to convince dh to spend $800 versus the $400, he said he was ok with.
                Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Bosch is great; our house came with it. The one thing that kind of irritates me is that the words on all the buttons have rubbed off (I think the previous owners of our house used a cleaner that took the letters off!). I have a manual, so I can refer to it when I need a certain setting and can't read the buttons...
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Posted on your FB page, but I will say it again here: Bosch. It's awesome
                    Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

I too have heard that Bosch or Miele are the ones for dishwashers!
                      Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I've heard mostly glowing reviews of both Bosch and Miele. The only poor review I've ever heard is about the Bosch washers/dryers. My sister HATES hers and the reviews online haven't been great on them, either. I've never encountered a negative review for either company's dishwashers, though.

Comment

I went with a Bosch. In fact I found this 500 series (http://www.bosch-home.com/us/product...?source=browse) for a screaming deal in the clearance section of a local furniture store. $1099.99 list price, discounted $799.99, and the salesman gave me 25% off. (doing a little happy dance!)

I forgot to add that it is missing the toe/kick/base plate, but that is an easy fix.
                          Last edited by Amiens; 10-29-2012, 02:49 PM.
                          Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

You'll love it! I'm glad you posted the link. I'm going to see if ours Hines a light on the floor while running and I've just never noticed (apparently, it's supposed to - who knew).
                            -Deb
                            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Nice! Enjoy!
                              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Working...
                              X