Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Breakfast Nook/Formal Dining Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakfast Nook/Formal Dining Area

If you have both and use both, or at least have tables in both, how big is your breakfast nook table?

I am looking for online sources for square tables, I'll take any and all suggestions for online furniture!

Thanks!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Our eat-in area is fairly large. We have a solid wood on metal base dining room table in there that seats 8-10. It's casual, but large and I love it! It's also where we do kid projects, so I love that we can shove those to one end while working and have dinner or lunch. In our dining room, we currently have our old kitchen table that expands to seat eight. I think I'd like to get a round, eventually, that seats right. If we have a large dinner party, I'd probably either bring a card table into the kitchen to add on, or just split the party for dining.
    -Deb
    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I should add - when we were in IL, I planned to get the biggest dining table possible because we were close to our large family
      -Deb

Comment

How many do you need the eat in kitchen table to seat?
        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Well it really only has to seat 4 I guess since that is just us. I'd prefer 6 or 8 I guess because then we wouldn't have to use the formal table if it was just a few guests but I'm not sure a table that seats 8 will fit in the space we have...

Comment

What about a table with a leaf? It can be set for four on a daily basis, and expand from there.
            -Deb

Comment

Something like this?
              http://www.crateandbarrel.com/7-piec...ng-set/s241833
              -Deb

Comment

That is kind of what we have now - maybe it is the right size/shape for the room, we just need a new set its been stripped and refinished so many times, several of the chairs are wobbly and unfixable, the list could go on and on. Hmm...

Comment

We have a 60" round table in our breakfast nook. Our formal dining room table fits 10 (2 at the head and foot, and 3 on each side). We also have a bar that seats 4. Most of the time we end up eating at the bar.
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

We have a round pedestal table that seats 4 in our breakfast nook, then a larger table that we use for family dinners, etc. in the dining room. I don't remember where we got our table because it's been so long, but I know they have lots of cute tables in a similar style at Pottery Barn.

Comment

Working...
                    X