Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Storing kids' artwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing kids' artwork

While the Seahawks are playing and the malls are empty, I plan on getting some type of archival storage for dd's school stuff and the artwork she does at home.

What do you use?
    married to an anesthesia attending

I scan it or take a picture then throw it away. If it's seasonal, I scan it, hang it on the wall, then throw it away after the season.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

You could scan it and then every year/couple of years, upload it to snapfish and make a coffee table book you could give her when she's an adult...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
        You could scan it and then every year/couple of years, upload it to snapfish and make a coffee table book you could give her when she's an adult...
        This is what I do.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I'm only keeping the "good stuff." For now, I keep 1-2 pieces each week. Painting is something she does all day, every day. We go through 20-30 pieces of paper a day!

I take pictures of everything but do want to keep some hard copies.

Comment

We have a giant "homework bin" that the kids can put papers that they want to keep. Some of it we take down to the frame shop and have matted and framed so we can hang it up.

Comment

I just keep a tote in their closet and when they do something worthy of saving, I save it. The rest gets recycled.

Comment

Do you use archival boxes...?

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                  Do you use archival boxes...?
                  I use plastic sterlite totes from Target. Works so far!

Comment

. I sort of want to put this together ONCE and give it to dd to do with what she wants! I know I'm not going to dig through the drawings ever again, and want her to be able to hold onto them forever AT HER HOUSE!

Comment

Working...
                    X