Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What Kind of Kitchen Appliances would you Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Kind of Kitchen Appliances would you Pick

If you were building a house, what appliances would you want in your kitchen? Our builder normally uses Whirlpool Gold. What appliances would you avoid? Does it look weird if the appliances aren't matching name brand? Thanks in advance for your input.
    Needs

I'm no expert, but if I were building a house and my dream kitchen, I would get what I want and I wouldn't care if the brands matched. After all you have been through, get what you want.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I wouldn't care if they matched brands, but would care if they looked good together style-wise. I'd research the crap out of each piece, and I wouldn't get anything Viking!

In my quick google search on Whirlpool gold, they don't look so great either. Like 2 stars on Amazon. Yikes.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I researched the hell out of my appliances and have different brands (SS finish though so they match well enough.) Stay away from Electrolux...they just started making appliances under their name when we bought and my appliance guy swore that they were top notch. Pfft. (We got a built-in microwave and washer/dryer)
        Do you have a Consumer Reports membership? Might be worth it to buy one for a year so you can read reviews.

FWIW, we are THRILLED with our Thermador products. (dishwasher, induction cooktop w/popup vent, ovens and warming drawer) All of it is awesome. The SS finish is very smooth, too, and we have had no issues with fingerprint marks, etc. I wipe mine down once a month, tops and they look great.

Comment

You can also check your local library for Consumer Reports.
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I want an Aga stove.
            Kris

Comment

My mom read me the Consumers Reports and it sounded like Kenmore Elite, in general were at or near the top for the main appliances.
              Needs

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                I want an Aga stove.
                +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                  I want an Aga stove.
                  Me too. Fwiw, all our appliances are different brands and I never even noticed until this thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

We have a figidaire stove and fridge. Samsung dishwasher. Happy with all of them.
                    Crosley washer and dryer. Also happy with them.
                    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Working...
                    X