Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedding

Besides sheets and pillows, what else do you have on your bed? Blanket, comforter, duvet, quilt? Do you switch coverings based upon seasons?

We have a white down comforter which has seen better days. I'm debating whether or not to try to salvage it or to buy new. I'm also keeping an eye on the sheet thread in Grand Rounds. We don't switch for seasons, but I'm sweltering in mid-summer. What is a good warm weather alternative to a down comforter with a decent "weight" to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

We use a summer weight habatoi silk comforter and a protective duvet. I love the silk so much more than the down. (and I loved my down comforter!) No blankets, nor do I switch with seasons, but I did get an electric mattress pad for my side of the bed. I get cold but DH gets hot!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

We have a comforter (cotton with poly filling - http://www.amazon.com/Echo-Odyssey-4...2782585&sr=1-1), and we don't change it seasonally. If it actually gets really cold, we may add a blanket, but we didn't this year. We also have a skirt. We have shams, but we haven't used them since we upgraded to the king, since we don't have pillows to go in them yet. I also have fabric for throw pillows, but again, I haven't gotten the pillows to go in them.
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

We use the same quilt year-round, but we also keep the house about the same temperature all year. Besides that, just our sheets and pillows. We both have one we sleep on, and I have one I put between my legs. I don't use throw pillows.
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I keep a heavy flannel blanket on year round and supplement in winter if necessary with quilts and xtra cotton blankets. The flannel blanket is awesome- its 11oz weight I think and is heavish but breaths. Love it.
          Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

We don't use AC much, and we keep the heat down in the winter, so our home temp fluctuates wildly from season to season. In the winter we use a thick down comforter with duvet cover; in the spring and fall we use our wedding quilt, and in the summer we use just sheets and a light cotton blanket. There's always a soft throw down at the foot of the bed for extra warmth or just for the cats to sleep on.
            Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

We use a down comforter and white duvet cover (easy to bleach), and we switch out our crisp cotton sheets for warmer flannel ones in the winter. I'm always cold, so that's why we use the same comforter year round.

Comment

We're pretty minimalistic in terms of bedding - two pillows, sheets, and one down comforter we use with a duvet cover. We have two covers we switch between when washing the sheets. Nothing gets changed with seasons. We have yet to need another blanket on the bed during the winter (comforter is so warm!) and during the summer it just lives at the foot of the bed.
                Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Cotton sheets, cotton blanket, comforter, and a whole mess o decorative pillows my husband hates!
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                  X