Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Cocktail Ottomans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cocktail Ottomans

Our coffee table has been broken forever, and now that E is mobile, it was time for something new. I wanted a cocktail ottoman, but I couldn't find one big enough. So...I got two.

What do you guys think? I know the picture is terrible, and please ignore the clutter. Also, the one still has plastic on it because there's a chip out of one the feet, and I'm not sure if the whole thing has to go back or if just the foot can be replaced. My mom's willing to take one if we decide we don't like both. The rug is about 8x10, I think, and we're going to replace it in the next year or so with one like this:

Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

I like it! We have one that isn't nearly as nice and it has held up well and has been excellent for the kids.

Ignore the kid shit scattered around it
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Very nice!
      I was going to look at coffee tables Monday but I think I'll get one of these instead. Much better for a little one learning to walk.
      I'll probably get one. I try not to have too many surfaces for stuff to pile up on.
      Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
      Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Is it too much with the two of them?
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I don't think so. With the new rug, the space around them will look bigger. Plus it looks like a good sized room.

Comment

I was thinking we could move them off to the side if we ever need extra seating, and they should be great for kids and last forever.

Comment

Resurrecting this thread because the picture is already there. We're ready to buy a new rug. I decided against the original one because it's not soft, and I'm pretty sure the cat would destroy it. This is my new favorite - thoughts? The local store is going to order a sample so that we can see how it feels and make sure the color matches our chairs.

http://www.surya.com/rugs/modern-classics/can-1914/

Comment

It's a beautiful rug but personally I would go for something darker with a toddler who spends a lot of time in the room. I think a splash of color in an otherwise neutral room is great!
                We just got this at IKEA. They have some beautiful rugs. It's probably not your style (actually a darker blue in person ) but adds amazing color to the room. I'm all about neutral furnishings with color accents so don't mind me

Comment

I agree, you have beige carpet and what looks like some beige furniture, I wouldn't get a beige area rug too. I would go for more color.
                  Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I agree, the color is a bit too light. If you want a really easy care rug go for an indoor/outdoor. Clean up is so easy and they are 1/3 the price of an indoor rug. Super soft, no necessarily, but so very practical.
                    Tara
                    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

The rug is green, not beige, and the floors are hardwood. We don't have an IKEA anywhere nearby. E and I spend a lot of time sitting and playing on it, so soft is important.

Comment

I found this at Lowe's today - I like the green color. It's inexpensive, either $320 for 8x10 or $380 for 9x12 (we also can get 10% off with my parents' military discount, plus we have coupons). I think we'll go with this and use the money for new landscaping instead.

884631842488.jpg

Comment

I like it!

Comment

Me too. And that price is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X