Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Damage by housecleaners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damage by housecleaners

This is such a Dawkter's Spouse post...
    Our house cleaners are normally great but last week, the company sent 2 ladies that have been here but are not the usual ones that come. My primary cleaner Martha always comes with one of them. Anyways, this time, they damaged our shoe cabinet's door. I was upstairs with the kids when they left. When we came downstairs, we saw the bottom edge of the cabinet door had a big chunk taken out of it and was off its track. I'm guessing they hit it with a mop or vacuum by mistake.
    I texted the owner of the company saying it looked like they damaged it and sent a picture. She said she'd ask them but I haven't heard back from them since. I don't know if I should pursue anything. I've been a happy customer of their's for a year now. I'm annoyed but I don't know how to handle this.

No clue. Follow up with the owner and ask for a response within a specified timeframe.

Heidi
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I don't know either, but you should at least get a response from them. Is there fine print in your contract with them about damages?
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

LSW, what would you say to the owner? I'm terrible at confrontation.😒

Comment

Take a picture!
          -Ladybug

Comment

This has happened to us a few times. When they have damaged things, we take off the cost of fixing/replacing the items from their next cleaning check. That's their policy and it works for us.
            Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

I did take a picture. She just said "hmm, I'll ask them tomorrow," which was a few days ago.

Comment

I would follow up too. The holidays slows people/businesses down. If they're reputable, she will make it right. With social media the way it is, I'm sure she wants to keep her name good!
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Thanks guys! I just emailed her (for the paper trail like you mentioned Cassy) and will let you know what she says. I told her the cabinet cost $200 and wanted to know what her damage policy is. I'm such a wimp with this kind of stuff. DH said to tell them we'll be looking for other cleaners. I really like them other than this one incident.

Comment

We had a spot where the finish was taken off our kitchen table. It was obvious that cleaner had been spilled on it. Our company paid for it to be fully refinished, which cost more than the original table. The company's insurance paid for it.
                    -Deb
                    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Just heard back from her. She apologized and said they'd pay for all damages if I say it was their fault. ☺

Comment

Good!!!

Does she doubt it was their fault?
                        Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I think since she hadn't asked them she was just asking for "my word." DH said even if they refund us $20 it's fine.

Comment

I'm glad it worked out that she's going to cover the cost without making a big deal of it!!!!

Kris
                            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                            X