Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Whole house humidifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole house humidifier

We're looking into having one installed after a winter of awfully dry skin/noses, static and a huge crack on our new table. It's not terribly expensive at $650 but I want to make sure it's worth it.
    Has anyone had one installed?
    Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
    Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

We have always had whole house humidifiers on our HVACs, they were here when we moved in. We had new HVACs put in just over a year ago and now I can control them by the thermostat, it has made a HUGE difference IMO. The kids rarely got sick this winter and I thought the whole house was more comfortable.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

That's good to hear!
      I read that they can lower heating costs a little too.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Comment

We installed one when we lived in the most freaking arid part of this state. It did make a difference. I never regretted the purchase.

Now that we live in humidity-ville, I am thinking I need a DE-humidifier. Especially now with all the rain!
        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

My dad is thinking of getting one installed in the CO ski house. I'm hoping it would help with the altitude sickness. It's always frickin exhausting being there at 10k feet for the first few days. And the kids sleep like crap bc of the time change and the dry air.
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I think we're going to do it. We'll be stuck inside a lot this winter with the baby. I think it's worth it just to feel better!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Comment

I hadn't even thought about this before, but now I'm tempted!
              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Are you just putting this in-line with your forced air system, or is a separate system? I'd like to get one here too - it's terribly dry in the house, even with the hydro-air which is supposed to be a lower temp and not so dry. Two houses ago we had forced air with humidification, and it was great.
                Let me know what you find out!
                Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                Let's go Mets!

Comment

Working...
                X