Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What color would you add to this palette?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What color would you add to this palette?

I'm looking for another color to add to our home painting palette. We have Graycloth in the master bedroom, Brook Green in the living room, Barnwood Gray in the dining room, and Coastal Beige in DD's room and the hallways.

I need something I could potentially use for the mudroom (considering Coastal Beige or Brook Green), basement rec room (considering Brook Green), and two bathrooms (could use Brook Green for one but not the other). I think we need to add another color so we're not repeating quite so much. Probably something in the blue/green family. We have a lot of med-dark oak floors and beige tile in the house, so any new color must play well with browns, but not be a brown itself. Colors are Behr because training budget. Anyone want to play designer?

Attached Files
    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Do you want to go darker or lighter... I looked up the color palates and found for darker, Thai Basil and lighter, sawgrass. I prefer pops of color in my house so I am not sure what your preference is. For example, my house will soon be painted a very light grey, but my laundry room and first floor guest bathroom are going to be painted with bold colors to give me some pop in a house of otherwise grey tones. My dining room has a bold emerald/hunter green on the bottom half, but a soft cream on the top and my kitchen had a rich navy blue black splash but everything else is grey or white.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
      Do you want to go darker or lighter... I looked up the color palates and found for darker, Thai Basil and lighter, sawgrass. I prefer pops of color in my house so I am not sure what your preference is. For example, my house will soon be painted a very light grey, but my laundry room and first floor guest bathroom are going to be painted with bold colors to give me some pop in a house of otherwise grey tones. My dining room has a bold emerald/hunter green on the bottom half, but a soft cream on the top and my kitchen had a rich navy blue black splash but everything else is grey or white.
      Hm. I'm willing to go a little more vibrant with the color, but not dark for the areas I'm looking at painting. I want the basement rec room to look light and clean, not like a cave. The mudroom has a lot of light, and we're probably going to do a white bench in there, so it could stand a little color. But obviously I lean toward light neutrals. The Barnwood Gray is my idea of "bold"! Thai Basil looks a bit dark for me, but I think I do need something more colorful than Sawgrass. I think I'm having a hard time because the only colors totally within my comfort zone are boring!!

Comment

Maybe a blue like Sunken Pool or Malaysian Mist? Am I being too boring? (I seriously just chose these 3 blues out of different tabs on the website color selector and then realized they are 3 variants from the same card. Lol!)
        Attached Files

Comment

FWIW, you can pick any color from any company and color match it to Behr. I've done it many times with awesome results. So you aren't limited!
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I like how Malaysian Mist is a bit richer but still works well with your original palette.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Eh, DH picked up the swatches for all of those blues and in sunlight they just look so boring blue. I was hoping for more of a spa-like color and they seem like a boy's bedroom. Back to the drawing board.

Comment

Soft fern? (Benjamin Moore)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I also always love mindful gray.. sort of unrelated to your palette, but a good color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X