Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Did we make a design error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did we make a design error?

Our front deck rotted. It started off that we noticed a couple of boards and part of the railing, but as pieces came off for repair, we discovered the porch was rotten. Half of our back deck is rotten too, but we can’t afford to fix all of it just yet.

So I was in charge of picking new railing. We have a white fence and so I went with white on the railing. I absolutely hate it. 😭. I can’t get used to it. I feel it looks hideous and will affect the curb appeal. DH thinks it matches with the white fence around our house. Help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I like it!

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I think it looks good. Nice job!

Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

The white is fine! What you're probably seeing is the black and white together? I might have done all of it white, but it looks fine as-is.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
          The white is fine! What you're probably seeing is the black and white together? I might have done all of it white, but it looks fine as-is.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
          I wish I’d gone all black railing. Ugh

Comment

I don't think all black would have looked great with the rest of the house. I think it looks fine! What did it look like before?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
              I don't think all black would have looked great with the rest of the house. I think it looks fine! What did it look like before?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
              It was all gray wood. But it was rotten in places.

Comment

It's fine.
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I love it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                    I wish I’d gone all black railing. Ugh

I think all black too, but it’s not a huge deal. It is so far from hideous! Lol. It’s got tons of curb appeal!

Honestly you can (it will be a pain, but not awful) paint those with that type of paint that Is for metal (I know it’s a thing because my sister recently did it). So no worries. The white looks great right now while it’s all clean and perfect. And your house is lovely. What a beautiful front porch. I love it!

Last edited by JDAZ11; 09-15-2018, 10:47 PM.

Comment

I think you need a good chair out there to read/relax!

Last edited by JDAZ11; 10-06-2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Did you do wood stairs again? We had a similar-ish front porch in our old house and the stairs had to be replaced constantly (like every 5-6, According to the precious owner. I was going to switch to composite or stone the next time because I felt like that was nuts. Just wondering what you decided).

Comment

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
                          Did you do wood stairs again? We had a similar-ish front porch in our old house and the stairs had to be replaced constantly (like every 5-6, According to the precious owner. I was going to switch to composite or stone the next time because I felt like that was nuts. Just wondering what you decided).

We replaced it all with composite.

Comment

Awesome!! Such a huge upgrade! I think that’s the best decision ever.

Comment

Late to the game, but I think the white looks good, especially because your trim color elsewhere is white as well. Great job!
                              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                              X