Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Merry Maids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Maids

I’ve complained here that my house is disorganized and I’d like help getting this place in shape. I found out that our local Merry Maids has an organizing/cleaning service. They literally go through your stuff with you and help you decide what to keep and what to donate. Then they organize it.

Anyone have experience with Merry Maids? I’m strongly considering getting an estimate.

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I like using independent people because I feel like the corporations just jack their employees over. Does your neighborhood have Nextdoor or a Facebook group? Ask for recs.
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I haven't ever used them, but it might be a good solution! When we get back into our house, I am planning on switching from house cleaning every other week to once per week. It was great having someone do the cleaning for me, but all the picking up from two weeks of mess-making took almost as long as the cleaning itself. Fortunately, moving into a rent house for a year made us get rid of a ton of things we didn't need, but I really need to pretend I'm moving every five years and just get rid of things that won't be used anymore.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
        I like using independent people because I feel like the corporations just jack their employees over. Does your neighborhood have Nextdoor or a Facebook group? Ask for recs.
        Historically, I have not done well with individuals. I get overly involved in their lives, talk with them when they should be cleaning, and overpay. I think I need the emotional distance of a corporation.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
          I haven't ever used them, but it might be a good solution! When we get back into our house, I am planning on switching from house cleaning every other week to once per week. It was great having someone do the cleaning for me, but all the picking up from two weeks of mess-making took almost as long as the cleaning itself. Fortunately, moving into a rent house for a year made us get rid of a ton of things we didn't need, but I really need to pretend I'm moving every five years and just get rid of things that won't be used anymore.
          I tend to hold on to stuff and need to purge more too. I also really don’t enjoy cleaning but have hesitated to have a cleaning service because by the time I’ve picked up for them to come, I might as well finish the job. I’ll probably get a quote.

Kris

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
            I tend to hold on to stuff and need to purge more too. I also really don’t enjoy cleaning but have hesitated to have a cleaning service because by the time I’ve picked up for them to come, I might as well finish the job. I’ll probably get a quote.
            Exactly, haha! I think having to pick up weekly instead of bi-weekly, plus having older kids with fewer toys will help.
            Laurie

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
              Exactly, haha! I think having to pick up weekly instead of bi-weekly, plus having older kids with fewer toys will help.
              The only one in our house good about putting away their things is our dog Misty. 😂

Comment

Laurie

Comment

I think for home organization I'd probably go with someone who's profession is that, so not through a cleaning service that's adding on organization as an afterthought. I've never done it, but there many people in our area with very professional websites and businesses that not only help organize but also help you develop a system to keep the organization going. I think the risk of overpaying or getting enmeshed would be limited.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rufflesanddots View Post
                    I think for home organization I'd probably go with someone who's profession is that, so not through a cleaning service that's adding on organization as an afterthought. I've never done it, but there many people in our area with very professional websites and businesses that not only help organize but also help you develop a system to keep the organization going. I think the risk of overpaying or getting enmeshed would be limited.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
                    You may be right. I’ll have to think about this.

Comment

Working...
                    X