Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Let’s clean together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let’s clean together

What are your cleaning goals? Let’s work together. Post a room, drawer, or cupboard you want to clean each day. Get it done and post a picture. Start with the next project the next day. Repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I'm keeping up with my regular schedule better than ever, and I'm increasing frequency. For example, I feel like deep-cleaning the kitchen and cleaning the bathrooms should be a weekly chore, but for the past few years I've bumped it back to every 10 days because I wasn't getting stuff done. I've reverted back to the weekly schedule since I'm home more now. Just cleaned the two full bathrooms today, a mere 8 days after the last time. Boo-yah!
    Alison

Comment

I need to make a schedule. I’m a sloth.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post

Take it easy, Kris. We are all in survival mode here. Be kind to yourself.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
          Take it easy, Kris. We are all in survival mode here. Be kind to yourself.

I know. I have nervous energy to get rid of. I thought I’d turn it on my house.

Comment

I know. I have nervous energy to get rid of. I thought I’d turn it on my house.

I usually clean when I'm anxious.

Comment

I keep telling myself to clean more, but it never works.
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We're doing more daily picking up and cleaning than ever before, because I'm actually home and it bothers me.
                Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
                  We're doing more daily picking up and cleaning than ever before, because I'm actually home and it bothers me.
                  So. Many. Dishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                    I keep telling myself to clean more, but it never works.
                    Ditto, lol!!!
                    Tara
                    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                      So. Many. Dishes.

Paper plates friend. It’s the only way in these times. 😀
                      Tara
                      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Meh. I don't think cleaning schedules come naturally to most of us. I established mine in 2009 when I'd been a SAHM for three years already, and didn't really start following it reliably until at least 2014, and still procrastinate it like WHOA...up until this month. Now it gives me something to do, so there's that!

Let me know if you want any resources.

I've been procrastinating cleaning the attic for a week (we have an entertainment room and a guest room up there that we never ever use) so I will definitely get to that today...I hope. My list also has changing the bedsheets, cleaning the main-floor bathroom, and cleaning the kids' playroom/library. I might even be motivated to turn the playroom into a deep clean and reorganize, but we'll see.
                        Alison

Comment

This is my life until the house is under contract. Packing up a POD of shit two weeks ago was a great thing, though! They have less to make a mess with. My kids are very creative in finding new ways, though!
                          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I’ve been wanting to hire an organizing/cleaning service for months. I feel like I have the time now if I can just motivate myself. Motivation is my enemy. Also, I don’t know where to start. I’d like to do it though.

Comment

There's an Instagram account called Clean Mama that has a schedule of tasks completed daily, as well as extra projects assigned to each day (like Mondays or floors, Tuesdays bathrooms, whatever). Could be a good place to start.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X